Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 61
Default

1) How is the video mode of this little wonder? Is it any good

2) Can it be used with a teleconverter lense -3x multiply by 3 = 9X - possible???


cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 4:51 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 51
Default

cuthien wrote:
Quote:
1) How is the video mode of this little wonder? Is it any good

2) Can it be used with a teleconverter lense -3x multiply by 3 = 9X - possible???


1. Movie mode is absolutely awesome. MPEG-4 encoded, this is where you compromise quality for size. You can fit 3/4 more than most of other formats can, you lose a bit of quality to compression, but it's not visable to human eye really, it still makes AWESOME quality movies, you can check out the sample in Steve's review of it on this site. It also features the anti-shake DSP, which works out quite well, and trust me is extremely helpful with tiny camera like this. It saves the movies in QuickTime format.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...0_samples.html

2. No idea I'd think not because of it's tiny size, but I'm not a professional by any means.
c0mrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:04 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks Comrade. Do you actually own one. Can I see a movie that you took with it. Thanks
cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:00 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 51
Default

cuthien wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Comrade. Do you actually own one. Can I see a movie that you took with it. Thanks
I do own it, if the sample movie in Steve's review is not satisfactory, I sure can. I'll do it once I get home tonight after work.
c0mrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
big_potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 487
Default

Hi Comrade,

Nice to talk to you again.

Do you have the exact URL of Steve's sample v550 movie? I can't find it. I am using Netscape.

I am interested to compare the quality with my own unit too.


Thx,

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:05 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 51
Default

big_potato wrote:
Quote:
Hi Comrade,

Nice to talk to you again.

Do you have the exact URL of Steve's sample v550 movie? I can't find it. I am using Netscape.

I am interested to compare the quality with my own unit too.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_...s/100_0102.MOV

here you go sorry i was super busy with work, haven't had time to post up the movie yet, plus I haven't really filmed anything that would show how great the movie mode is
c0mrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:11 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
big_potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 487
Default

I find Steve's sample is rather jerkier than most of my own movies using v550. To be honest, I haven't taken such fast moving objects as his jump/running dog (but rather I moves the v550 accidentally fast very often). The fastest I taken are people running on the streets, cars on the highways ...etc. They were rather smooth in my v550. And I didn't notice in my own movies the "granulized or block-ized" effect in the trees' shade of Steve sample. I did take scenes of great contrast lighting conditions, but didn't notice any problems in the dim areas.


Did Steve mention what type of SD card he used?

I used Sandisk Ultra II 1GB. And I cleared the card before each trip (so no fragmentation slow down).
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 5:52 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 51
Default

big_potato wrote:
Quote:
I find Steve's sample is rather jerkier than most of my own movies using v550. To be honest, I haven't taken such fast moving objects as his jump/running dog (but rather I moves the v550 accidentally fast very often). The fastest I taken are people running on the streets, cars on the highways ...etc. They were rather smooth in my v550. And I didn't notice in my own movies the "granulized or block-ized" effect in the trees' shade of Steve sample. I did take scenes of great contrast lighting conditions, but didn't notice any problems in the dim areas.


Did Steve mention what type of SD card he used?

I used Sandisk Ultra II 1GB. And I cleared the card before each trip (so no fragmentation slow down).
I use the Ridata 80x 1G card, no problems whatsoever, I still don't know about the "grainness" people are talking about.
c0mrade is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.