Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:31 AM   #1

Today's Windows Fanatics e-newsletter from Lockergnome [weird and wonderful geek site, http://www.lockergnome.com/] features VirtualPhotographer from http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

This is a nifty, freePhotoshop filter, vitualPhotographer.8bf + associated settings, that appears to be usable by any software that accepts PS plug-ins.

There are 23 color and 31 B&W pre-sets, plus option buttons and slidersfor a multitude of tweaks. Example: "Classic" B&W comes very close to what my 4x5 view camera does with B&W film and my old uncoated 1939-era Schneider Angulon wide angle lens...

Attached Images

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:34 AM   #2

And "Dramatic" B&W gets you those black skies, so sought-after by B&W lovers...
Attached Images

Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:40 AM   #3

Showingcolor pre-sets without elaborate before/after doesn't work too well, but here's the Boston harbor scene done with the "Radiant" color pre-set... talk about saturated colors...
Attached Images

Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:10 PM   #4

Those are nice results, DG. Thanks for the link

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 1:04 PM   #5

How in the world did you find a site for " Weird and wonderful geeks" ???? Say how??? LOL
DGehman, Where have you been??? I For one have missed your daily posts!! I want to thank you for the link!!! I do love to play around with the pics I take( And other folks shots too) !! LOL Some of them I manipulate for my own amusement, Others I do to hopefully help some one see the posibilities in a shot!! Again many thanks!!!

Dawg

PS I will Tell you how they work for me!!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:32 AM   #6

Let's see -- I was directed to Lockergnome a long time ago for some free utility (the 'gnome, Chris Pirillo, likes to include free programs when one comes to his attention).

Where've I been? Geez, I must have been somewhere, but nowhere photographically. I've been attempting to make it rain around here... nothing but one thunderdumper since May... leave my car windows open overnight, spray plants with stuff that should not be sprayed if rain is imminent, go everywhere without umbrella or raincoat... surefire triggers, but nothing. The front lawn is now short, tan straw set in rock-hard dirt.

I did just get Photobrush to crash after using VirtualPhotographer -- 2 processing steps after using it --but I don't know if that's my increasingly unstable system or Photobrush or VP.

VP can make interesting pix of otherwise unusable shots. I'll post a couple of examples as soon as I get them to my freebie Web area.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:39 AM   #7

Here is VirtualPhotographer saving a couple of bad shots of an old stone bridge in my area. Both wereexposed for the stone, so the sky and background were blown out.

Original, complete with purple fringing:

Processed with the "dreamy" pre-set (note to manly men - I didn't name these).

Looks a little like late-morning drizzle, but maybe that's my drought-parched eyes...
Old Aug 14, 2005, 7:42 AM   #8

Second set.

Original, badly blown out:

B&W, using the "classic" pre-set (note how it brings out the stone texture AND the background tree patterns):

Old Aug 14, 2005, 9:25 AM   #9

Your post have so many interesting things in them that your missed when you aren't posting. Glad everything is alright with your world though. I downloaded the software but have not had the chance to use it yet! Hope to take some Bird shots today, and then use the software to process. Like to see some of the effects that can be achieved!

Dawg

Hope some of our afternoon showers can hold off here and maybe go your way!!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote