Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:30 PM   #11

Pablo very nice pics. I like the third pic. of the horse, the colors were real good.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:12 PM   #12

Ask them to9 turn around next time Pablo so we can see bob smiling at us!! LOLO Got to stop doing that. It really does hurt to laugh!! Nice shots Pablo. I really think livestock may be you best subjects. Those are really good. Tell Jo she did well even through the fence and the dust!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:25 PM   #13

Thanks everyone and Jo very muchly appreciated the "honerable mention" for braving the dust and aformidable fence. I tried some shots inside in the sales ring and the light wasn't very good. The animals usually move fast in the ring and it makes it tough to get a good shot because the shutter speed is slow (I guess)

Pablo
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:18 AM   #14

Nice shots,Pablo..the horse one is great!It is interesting to see the different breeds of bovines..ours up here basically look all the same and the good thing is they are not mad anymore...lol.I love the expression on the calf:-)

lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:47 AM   #15

Thanks Lisa, and am glad your bovines are not mad any more.Earlier I mentioned I could not get a good photo in the ring - will post an example in case anyone can suggest a way to improve the shot.

Pablo
Attached Images

Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:53 AM   #16

Improve?

Short answer: tripod.

Long answer: rename the photo (for example, "Bull Rider's Last View Prior to Waking Up in the Hospital").

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:57 PM   #17

Pablo use a tripod or find something to lean against( thats not moving:-))...Whole lot of shakin going on there.

Dan

edited- - a faster shutter speed helps too

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:02 PM   #18

Thanks, a tripod is difficult in the ring area I have to work in, I will do a faster shutter and in some cases have the title describe what he saw before going to the hospital.

Pablo

Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:19 PM   #19

Pablo -

AndyW in the thread, "Help me... Z740 or DX7590," mentions a "bolt-and-string" tripod substitute.

(I took an earlier guess, but was wrong in a couple of details - it's just a length of string and a 1/4-20 screw that goes into your camera's tripod socket. You stand on the string, pull up gently, tuck in elbows, hold your breath and shoot. Then, as any lawyer would add, you should start breathing again.

(See the very fancy versions at http://www.xs4all.nl/~wiskerke/artikelen/string.html, including one variant that puts a string under both feet for extra stability.)

Anyway, it's a great idea, and it would all wrap up and fit neatly in your pocket when you're done...

Gotta try this myself -- sounds like a great idea for tripod-challenged venues.

Dave

P.S.: for the cattle sales, just wear spurs and tie the cord to one of them. When people ask what the cord's for, just tell them it's for helping swing your legover the saddle.

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:49 PM   #20

Nice shots Pablo
TechJD is offline   Reply With Quote