Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 19, 2005, 6:31 PM   #1

I just bought a Kodak V550 camera and I noticed that after I used it for a short time it started to feel like it was getting hot. AllI did was take a couple of pictures reviewed them and deleted them. Does anyone else have this problem of the camera getting moderately warm after using the camera for a while.
Babyfox10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:33 PM   #2

I use a dx7630, and it tends to get warm if left on for a little time. It depends if you have it in the open and what the temperature is. However, in my studio, the temp is about 70 and if I do several long exposures, it gets warm too. Maybe you can give more details as to how you used it, because your environment and the method which you were shooting may be the source of the warmth.
johnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 9:01 PM   #3

It's summer, my friend.

Yes, it depends on the environment temp.

For summer in Hong Kong, usually outdoor temp > 30C, surely it will get warm after tens of shots of leaving it standing-by for more than 20 minutes (including short resting intervals of less than 1 minute).

For indoor air-conditioned ~ 22C, it would be just a little bit warmed, e.g. after 1-hr.

What color is yours? Mine is black. I am not sure if the silver color can dissipate the heat better (forgive my college physics studied more than 10 yrs ago
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:07 AM   #4

Babyfox10 wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a Kodak V550 camera and I noticed that after I used it for a short time it started to feel like it was getting hot. AllI did was take a couple of pictures reviewed them and deleted them. Does anyone else have this problem of the camera getting moderately warm after using the camera for a while.
I currently have this camera also. (actually I've tried 2 now). And it definitely does get warm after taking a few shots. I noticed that also. I figured it was the flash or something. I've noticed it indoors with airconditioning.

I'm still debating if I'm keeping mine because I have had a "hot pixel" in video mode on both cameras. The 2nd camera was an exchange. Now I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of a 3rd exchange or just get my money back from Dell.

tc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:04 AM   #5

How about this camera ? I want to buy it ,but i don't know its price and other conditions?Thanks in advance for any info.
silver_yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:48 PM   #6

Thank you very much for your feedback I don't know if I am going to keep this camera. I tried calling Kodak with this issue but no one there can explain why this is happening. Someone esle bought this name camera from amazon.com and said he liked the camera but said his got warm too. I cannot not figure out how kodak did not know about this maybe problembefore they released the camera. Thanks again
Babyfox10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 2:28 PM   #7

I don't think you should worry too much about it. All cameras warm up with usage. I own v550, haven't noticed it to be out of hand or anything. Works perfect for over a month now.
c0mrade is offline   Reply With Quote