Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1

my camera takes pictures that look like postcards during the day... I take action pictures at the races and they come out good.............but when the sun goes down it is a different story........none of my pictures take at night.....or very seldom.....they are either all black or blurry...............this is a great camera and i know I am doing something wrong...........please help..

I am going to a big race tonight at Brownstown, In ...the Jackson 100...would love to be able to take night pics.....

Some of my pictures of the race car drivers have been used for their pr purposes..they are that good.........gotta get the night time ones to work

cj

http://www.cjsdirttrackracing.com
carcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2005, 1:31 PM   #2

Go here to see how to use it in M mode:
http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/1-about329.html
and go here to see all the other tips and tricks for PASM modes:
http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f...628fa87273d642
And finally go here to register for this forum run by ColdSnail:
http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f...?mode=register

A lot of good folks here as well and quite a lot of useful information!
Then come back here and post so we can pick your brains too!! I'll be waiting to see some of those RaceTrack photo's!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 2:15 PM   #3

thankyou for the response so quickly... am running out of time today to be able to do much good tonight but sure will be working on it......

I sure will post some of the racing pics for you.

thanks so much dawg..... doitinthedirt sent me to this site for help...

cj
Old Aug 20, 2005, 2:27 PM   #4

Can't wait to see some race car pics. C.C. And welcome to the forum.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:00 PM   #5

Well you are very welcome and I am happy if I can help any. We all here in this forum try to help when we can. Welcome to our little part of the world wide web!! Keep shooting and keep posting!!

Dawg
Old Aug 26, 2005, 9:33 AM   #6

thanks so much for the replies... has been a delay in working with my camera..will get back to trying to master the art of taking pics at night soon ... and I will share some pics..

we had a tragedy this last weekend and has kept most of us around racing very occupied... a track I go to all the time had a late model go into the crowd killing a 51 year old man and an 18 year old boy also injuring a modified driver sitting in the stands...........so lucky more were not killed..about ten minutes before the car which was the last to qualify..the moified drivers left the bleachers to go and get ready for their qualifying.......... just so sad.

when I start messing with my camera again I will be posting quite frequent I am sure... love my camera IN THE DAYTIME....:lol:not at night....

cj
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:40 AM   #7

It actually will work quite well once you get the hang of it in day time or night C.C.!! Sorry to hear about the accident. It is really sad to see someone lose their life just trying to enjoy a spectacle. Truly sad!!

Dawg
Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:58 PM   #8

Dawg, It was a pretty bad week for our little world of dirt racing, it must have been the full moon effect. We had a midget driver killed in Wi., the two deaths in Il when a car gets into the stands, a man was injured badly in a 4-wheeler accident at a track in Ar. Just a lot of other strange things happening like a race car slides off the track in Indiana an goes into a 7ft drainage ditch and took aprox. 45min to get him out of the ditch, this was the first time I can remember that has happened in the 50+ yrs that the track has been open. Drivers upset, fans upset, track officials upset, everyone was upset, so i think it was the effect of the moon. Who knows

Darrell
doitnthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 4:43 PM   #9

Just sorry to hear all that man. Maybe the luck will change with the moon changing!

Dawg