Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 23, 2003, 10:35 AM   #1

Default If not the LS443 then....?

What other camera would you even consider if not the LS443? I'm ready to get this one but not having owned a digital camera before I tend to shop around too much. This causes me to start questioning my choices. If you know what I mean. Thanks
geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:53 AM   #2

having compared pics from my dad's ls and my olympus c-4000 the olympus has much better pick quality in fact if the kodak was $200 less than the olympus i would have still bought the olympus after seeing the difference
mattjac33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2003, 7:07 AM   #3

Default Re: If not the LS443 then....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri

What other camera would you even consider if not the LS443? I'm ready to get this one but not having owned a digital camera before I tend to shop around too much. This causes me to start questioning my choices. If you know what I mean. Thanks
Don't worry. The LS443 is easily the best Kodak out there. Some people (particularly the geeky types) hate it because it's too simple, but overall it's a damn good camera. I've got it and am happy with it. It's often a little slow and the pictures can sometimes appear less sharp than other cameras because of the high compression, but generally the picture quality is very good.
Go for it.
marklv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 5:13 PM   #4

Default Re: If not the LS443 then....?

I too had deciced on this camera, but was put off by the compression and people saying that the pic quality was not as good as other cameras.

Marklv wrote:
It's often a little slow and the pictures can sometimes appear less sharp than other cameras because of the high compression, but generally the picture quality is very good.
Go for it.

What I want to know is .. if printed out at 10 x8 (a4 in uk) would the photos look sharp and would someone tell the difference from another camera? For average people looking would they look OK?
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 10:30 PM   #5

I have a dx4900 which is very similar. It has quite a few features on it. The overall quality is excellent. My only beef is the compression of jpg, i wish i could lower it or save pics as tiff. Other than that I thought it was the best buy for me
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote