Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:51 AM   #1

Hi,

What do you think about this poor score review??

http://reviews.cnet.com/Kodak_EasySh...l?tag=pdtl-img

Bruno
shinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:34 AM   #2

The thing is, all p&s cameras are going to get poor reviews. What people need to realize is that if the camera works for you, and you can master it, then it rates a 10. Content is always more important than anything. I am certain that picaso didn't worry about the brand of paints and brushes he used.
johnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:59 AM   #3

Hello Bruno,

May I express my sincere sympathy for your undetermined purchase decision here.

I read your similar questions about v550 or Casio stuffs in at least 3 or 4 threads.

Is your budget really tight? Otherwise I suggest you to just arbitrarily choose one in two or three.

I gone thru the same pain as you are having now 3 months ago, between, Pentax, Kodak & Casio. And as you know, I chose v550 finally, and have been happy up to now.

But as John said above, it's a very personal-taste decision. Maybe tomorrow you'll read another +ve review about v550, and then the day after tomorrow, Casio may have announce S1000 ...etc.

A never-ending waiting game. So make-up you mind and get the DC **you think** right for you **today**.

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:08 PM   #4

Hi,

I know i never will win the waiting game but i wanna buy a DC for using for the next years... and not to change it in the next mounts.:?

I decided !!! :? I gonna go for the V550 in black.

Next monday, i gonna purchase it.

Thanks for your really helpfull opinions,

Bruno
shinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:39 PM   #5

Congratulations on your relief out of the indetermination!

You are luckier than I was. When I targetted for v550 in May, it was still on paper/web specs (which had been already so attractive to me). And I had to enquire the shops almost everyday, and finally might be among the 1st ones (in HK) to get it in June.

That time I didn't have any references/samples/reviews to base my decision on. I prepared to just buy another model (to be honest I could afford to) if there were problems with v550.

HK customers don't have the luxury as in Western countries of "try and then buy" shopping practice i.e. we can't easily return products we don't like
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6

OK, I will probably get beat up for this, but...

Before you buy, check out the DX7630, it is truly an amazing machine, with alot of room for growth, a nice lens, etc. Right now, you can pick one up for about $250. I don't just say it because I have one. I have also used/have a Nikon CP3300, Minolta Maxxum 7000i, Canon AE1, Ouyama 2000h (special effects artsy toy camera thing), a few HP's, and the DX7630 keeps pace with the Canon and Minolta, and kicks all the others butts!
johnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 1:46 PM   #7

Good luck, Bruno!

I think at least another 2 weeks of research for you la : )))

I can assure you, I won't intervene your decision this time.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:45 PM   #8

You have to take CNET reviews with a grain or two of salt. Read the words rather than look at the score. On that basis, I'd give it an 8 myself, but then I'm just a user:lol:.

I've had this camera for about 2 months and use it daily. It is a point and shoot for the (in the best sense) amateur. Results are as good as your subject and your patience in setting up the picture. Originally, I bought it for portability, a usable viewfinder, color reliability, and the museum setting. As it turns out, I'm getting sharp images as well, because the shake indicator gives me a second, third, fourth chance at capturing the image. And the LCD actually is usable in very bright sunlight.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it at Circuit City before buying. It was one of the few compact (ultra compact?) cameras that I could hold and operate easily.
mmrudy is offline   Reply With Quote