Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 18, 2005, 6:21 PM   #1

where are the p850 reviews, wondering how it will compare to the other new 12x cameras in its class. anyone come across one.

Mark
markis209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2005, 6:34 PM   #2

None sofar. We may have to wait for some more time.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:15 PM   #3

Folks-

I too, am a dedicated Kodak digital camera user, DX-6490. In fact, I just ordered the P-850 today (09/18)from http://www.buydig.com. But the God awful, hard to digest, truth is simply this: The Canon-Nikon-Panasonic-Pentax combine/folks do not consider us to be serious digital photographers.

Yes, we think Kodak color is great, they have other less laudatory opinions about our opinions of what really wonderful color really is. Like a good number of you here on this forum and on forums such as http://www.dpreview.com, I am personally dedicated to seeing the Kodak banner move ahead so that it gets in there with the big names in digital camera imaging fame, such as Canon, Nikon, Casio, and others. However, it will only happen if we all make a really concerted drive to get the recognition that Kodak really deserves.

Surely many of you have alredy engaged in the battle, such as Atindra, and others. But perhaps we have to be smoother and more subtle to get the recognition that we truly deserve. Perhaps this is the time to create art gallery type images, that just call out for attention. What do you think? How can we really claim the place in photo history that Kodak really deserves? is it in critical reviews, in exhibitions, or what?

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:04 AM   #4

Sarah, that was beautifully put. I'm almost slightly emotional...thinkin' about all of us poor Kodak digicam users, and how the rest of the world just refuses to take us and our cameras seriously. Golly, IT IS FRUSTRATING!!!
I just don't see how a subtle approach is going to get us over this hill and into the digital camera promised land, though. AGGRESSION and INSISTENCE!... and a refusal to accept anything short of TOTAL RESPECT for us and our cameras! This will be the key!
May we, from this day forward, march proudly down the middle of the road in that great Digicam Parade, no longer hiding among the crowd and in the shadows. I can hear our Parade Leader now...barking alignment and marching orders: "1,1,1234"...."1,1,1234".. "P850 owners to the front! 2,2,2234"...."CX7300 owners get in the middle! 1,1,1234"...."All you Refurbed CX6330 owners to the middle too! 2,2,2234"..."All you guys with broken cameras to the middle! 1,1,1234"...."Everyone with working cameras, to the flanks and rear! 2,2,2234"......
:roll::blah:
c1eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:00 AM   #5

I agree with Sarah more than 100%.

Visit other brand manufacturere's forum and you feel the neglected experience. In general Kodak cameras are good for general mass (like us)and not professional photographers. The problem is Pro-class is more vocal and talk too much technical on most of the forums and we just shoot and share (that is what easyshare meant for). We tend to respect others, but they tend to insult us.

I am very regular member of dpreview/Kodakforum and whenever anybody posts there shot/s with other camera than Kodak, everybody welcomes him/her and admires their art, hobby and generocity to share their moments with Kodak forum members. But go to Pana forum or Canon forums they are the most hostile one. You can not even complain about bad Panny or Canon there people will strip your cloths.

I am happy with Kodak's recent models, though reviewers didnt pay much attention. Models like V550, DX7440, Z740, Z7590, DX 6490, DX7590 and latest P-series are very good cams. And above all Easyshare one is a revolutionary camera.

I am a happy shooter with Kodak DX6490

and my galleries are at,

http://photobucket.com/albums/v398/Atindra/

http://photobucket.com/albums/v679/Hir/

Regards,

Atindra
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:45 AM   #6

I don't think that this is a question of quality.

I had discussions with a lot of sellers in Germany.
It's a question of conditions; and these conditions are very bad in the comparison with firms as Sony, Canon, Panasonic.

When the conditions would be better, the firms would push Kodak forward with more reviews, more articles in the press ...

Peter

pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:41 PM   #7

Atindra - You've got some very nice pictures in your galleries. It shows you're not a typical P&S camera user.
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:22 PM   #8

Rambler358 wrote:
Quote:
Atindra - You've got some very nice pictures in your galleries. It shows you're not a typical P&S camera user.
thanks for the kind words, but infact, I am a P&S user, I hate PP. I like kodak because it gives greats shots just out of camera. I hope to upgrade to P850 in Jan-2006 when I reach USA.

Atindra
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:52 PM   #9

Sarah Joyce and Eddy. Just post in more than one forum and post good and interesting photos. Do this well and you'll get more newbies to digicams buying Kodak to get the shots themselves that they have seen posted. Put with your handle or on your signature the type of camera your using and the post...post...post.! You'll have a harder time with the brand committed folks but the more people new to digicams that see that kodak can deliver consistantly good photos the more that will buy Kodak.

Dawg at work
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 9:24 AM   #10

I can only always repeat it. It is not a question of the quality but of conditions (repair, supply etc).

I am a salesman in Germany and thus I 've commercial interests.
I do not take a camera of Kodak in stock, since the conditions are too bad.

Even with a rising demand I do not change my purchase-behavior. This risen inquires only let increase the price. The consumers, however, will compare these prices with the products of other competitors, which are qualitatively very good, too. This is a dilemma.

Peter
pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote