Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:20 PM   #21

Please note that I did the simplest re-sizing (in IrfanView).

When playing with the high-zoom cameras at BestBuy, I photographed at higher ISO settings a picture of a cat that was displayed on the shelf. Next, I looked at the pictures at higher magnifications - this was enough to sell me on theP850. Kodak defnitely has to use some trick to remove the noise...

I printed pictures taken at auto and at ISO400 on my printer dock and I think that they look almost identical with no noise visible (to an amateur) on the high ISO shot. We need to wait for reviews to learn more from professionals.

I need to add that I got the adapter and a circular polarizer filter from Kodak. This is very useful (and inexpensive)for pictures of water and sky.

What kind of pictures (considering the size limitation and the software I use to re-size them) would you like me to post?

Norman
Normanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:59 PM   #22

Normanp wrote:
Quote:
Please note that I did the simplest re-sizing (in IrfanView).

When playing with the high-zoom cameras at BestBuy, I photographed at higher ISO settings a picture of a cat that was displayed on the shelf. Next, I looked at the pictures at higher magnifications - this was enough to sell me on theP850. Kodak defnitely has to use some trick to remove the noise...

I printed pictures taken at auto and at ISO400 on my printer dock and I think that they look almost identical with no noise visible (to an amateur) on the high ISO shot. We need to wait for reviews to learn more from professionals.

I need to add that I got the adapter and a circular polarizer filter from Kodak. This is very useful (and inexpensive)for pictures of water and sky.

What kind of pictures (considering the size limitation and the software I use to re-size them) would you like me to post?

Norman

Thats a prompt and detailed reply. thanks.

I would like to see comparison shots of different WB settings shots. Shot with different scene modes (if possible some of them) and some nice Macro shots.

Aperson who has a dedicated P-sereis site if you wish to see, he can host some of nice example of them for you -his name is Marcos and many times appears here. His site is

perso.wanadoo.es/kodakpseries

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:10 PM   #23

I have two pictures that may interest you. The first shows Kodak greens that many people seem to like. The other shows my evening tests of depth of field.

Norman
Attached Images

Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:11 PM   #24

Actually, the first was depth of field...

Norman
Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:15 PM   #25

If you happen to take some action photos possibly you can post them

mark
markis209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:36 PM   #26

Purchased both P850 and P880 in Sept., couldn't decide on which one to get!!

(Replacingthe Canon S2 I puchased the first of Sept.,just didn't like anything about this camera.It was replacing my old Fujifilm FinePix S602Z Pro. Nothing personal about the S2 but it was to slow on the focus (2 year old moves fast! lol) and it didnt feel as good in the hands as the S602z did nor, other then the step up in res, did it seem like that much of an improvement.)

Anyway the 850 has been fun to use and is very fast to focus even indoors! Where I doa lotof the shooting. Not that I don't use it outside,8 year olds love soccer and this is where the both 880 and 850 realy come alive!!! Outdoors all around shooting is fun!! I had to realy work my old S602z to get great pics but these Kodaks make picture taking second nature. The zoom doesn't seem that loud to me in fact its whisper quiet compared to my old one! And speaking of zoom, wow.

But having to choose between the P850 and the P880 was hard , didn't think I was keeping both did ya?, I'mgoing with the P880, manual zoom and focus is more important to me in the end then zoom.

Thomasmeisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:03 AM   #27

Thomasmeisch wrote:
Quote:
Purchased both P850 and P880 in Sept., couldn't decide on which one to get!! ......

.....But having to choose between the P850 and the P880 was hard , didn't think I was keeping both did ya?, I'mgoing with the P880, manual zoom and focus is more important to me in the end then zoom.

This is strange, officially P880 is not released yet, how could you purchase it? A kodak representative in another forum has already mentioned that they delayed the release of P880 for finalizing the firmware-and it should hit the shelves within a week or two.

I'm glad that you are enyoing your new camera P850. Please do post some pictures.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:18 PM   #28

"I am not especially fond of the lens." What does that mean?
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:38 PM   #29

Atindra wrote:
Quote:
This is strange, officially P880 is not released yet, how could you purchase it?
Ya, that is strange. Along with the claim that the S2 is slower to focus than the P850, which is exactly the opposite of what I've heard some other (fairly reliable) sources say.

What gives?
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:39 PM   #30

Both cameras were puchased thru Dell Small Business.
Thomasmeisch is offline   Reply With Quote