Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:15 AM   #1

I was taking some pictures here and there since I have purchased this camera, and so far have been nothing but happy with it. I have been thinking about possibly the P850 as well, partly for the 12x Optical zoom, but still don't think I will take full advantage of that. This first shot is one of the flowers I noticed when I was walking to my car in my yard.
Attached Images

Buhammot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:16 AM   #2

This was during a lightning storm, and was forced to use a relatively noisy ISO setting.
Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:17 AM   #3

And this one, same spot as above, but I liked the colours of the sky, so I had to stop.
Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:35 AM   #4

All three are beautiful shots Buhammot. The first is the clearest , the second is one that gets your attention as lightning usually does and the last is kinda peaceful!! My daughter was at Pope AF Base for over 10 years and I've visited There many times. Happy shooting. Oh yeah. If you can get the P850. You don't need the zoom all the time but when you do it's nice to have!!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:24 AM   #5

Nice pix.

One aspect of the '7630 (and most other Kodak digitals) is built-in "black mask" noise reduction. This kicks in for photos at 0.7 seconds or longer (e.g., 1 sec, 2 sec.... on up to a maximum of 64 sec on the 7630).

We get very few thunderstorms here in the US Northeast, so I haven't memorized settings. Google on photo lightning exposure and you'll finda bunch of sites with aperture and shutter info.

You use the M setting on the DX7630, adjust for the f-stop you want and the exposure length you want, then experiment from there.

Here's a relatively long (8 seconds at f/4 . 7 )photo of autumn weeds in the shadows of a streetlight. Focus is ok and noise levels are pretty low, considering that I coudn't make out the individual leaves by eye.

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 1:44 PM   #6

Those are nice shots. Welcome to the forum..Good capture on the lightning

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:14 PM   #7

After I had taken a class on photography, mostly for B&W 35mm film.. I knew I would want a digital with manual settings. So thats what was purchased.. Thanks for the comments, and I am lookin forward to puttin up some more pics that are equally as stunning. I have various accessories for the 7630, the 2x telephoto, some filters here and there, some close up diopters and a polarizer, so I think i will just stick with it till it dies!

hrmm.. since i have seen it before... i wonder how much detail can be had with the closeup diopters on some more chewing gum shots... hehe

This was a pic of my bro playing with some Devil Sticks down at the beach. I like the whole kinda shield effect goin on. 1sec exp, ISO 100.
Attached Images

Old Oct 5, 2005, 11:41 PM   #8

Can't wait for the chewing gum pics as they are some of my Favs! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 1:59 AM   #9

Nice pics Buhammot, The second pic. is my favorite, really cool. And welcome to the forum.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote