Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:54 PM   #1

Yes sir, I got that old camera today, It's just like new to me. I couldn't even figure out how to turn it on with out reading the book. Then I was shooting movies, thinking it was a pic. oh ya with sound. Well that took care of my plans for today, can ya guess what I did the rest of today? Boy this camera takes some pretty fair pic's, even with me pushing the button's. 7 hrs later I know what two of those do. I did get the oem cd and installed that. Downloaded pic's and four movie clips. The movies clips only show as file #'s, Those won't open. How do I download the movies from a dx 6490 ? I'am trying to do this with easy share
sandtowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:22 PM   #2

Hi Sandtowd,

Congrats on the 6490. You should be able to download the video just like you download pics. As far as viewing video, I believe that you will have to download Quicktime. It is a free download off of the web.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:49 PM   #3

Yep you'll need quicktime to view them and they will show up in your files as quicktime movies after you install the quicktime program! Congrats on the camera. If you'll go here you'll find some useful info on it's operation. Heck you might even want to register there and post on that sight as well. Anyway happy shooting from...
http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/1-forum-23.html&start=0?sid=d33facb07fcb2b61f41a19f527 165e90&mforum=1

Da Big Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:00 AM   #4

here's afew few pic's. Keep in mind I took this out of the box, found out how to turn it on. next thing you know it's picture time, no time for book learin. I did get the viedo's to download and play on easy share. Onlt after installing the program in my main computer. It's funny for us, because this is the 1st time. I didn't know it was on viedo. I missed a great sunset over the river by minutes
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:09 AM   #5

I'll get this pic posting, I'am alittle behind. You can see that by the time/date on each pic. These were all about 7 pm tonight, just as we loose the light. all pic's are via photobucket. #3 I resized on infraview , But didn't think it worked. I havn.t been at this resizing and posting but afew months. So far ( day 1 ) this camera is a real treat . Dawg is ebay in good place to get an adpter for filters or would walmart, ect be the same price ? I'am sure I have filters. Oh the tomato in her hand is not in her hand. We catch that only after putting the pic on screen. She was tossing it up/down. Before resizing you could see the light under the tomato. FYI The people on this Kodak fourm, made my mind up on buying a 6490 or Kodak. When I look at the other camera fourms 99% of the post are "why is my camera broke " In kodak county it's 99.9% "look at my picture" post (lol) Thats a strong plus on Kodaks side. also it's a great comfort know there quite afew 6490 users here. I'am sure I'll be buggin ya
Old Oct 7, 2005, 4:36 PM   #6

Heres my 2cents on adapters. I first bought a generic 55mm adapter on ebay for about $7. I was happy with it till a month ago when I dropped it and damaged the threads. I then bought a genuine Kodak 55mm adapter( from ebay store henrys for about $18 shipped). I can't believe how much better this is. Fits much much better and seems to grab a couple more threads than the generic one. I highly recommend the Kodak one

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 6:26 PM   #7

Go with the Kodak or other good name brand product and you'll never regret it. The few extra dollars is worth every penny you'll spend just for the oiece of mind!!

Dawg
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:19 AM   #8

Kodak it's then. It would be just my luck to screw up the threads. This is the of info you can only get for those that have been there. Thanks I have a feeling you guys just saved this camera from a Ebay death.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:41 PM   #9

Even with the Kodak adapter be VERY very cautious when tightening the adapter. It is REAL easy to cross thread it and the fine aluminum threads won't take a lot of abuse!! I learned this the hard way!! I'm just glad it was the adapter threads not the ones on the camera that gave way first!

A Ham Fisted Dawg