Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 13, 2005, 3:08 AM   #1

I,ve order the tube. It should be here by friday. I've looked over my film camera stuff. I have 38 mm, 55mm and 58 mm. I know the 38 mm won't as I have been holding those over the lens by hand, The abapter for those is slip fit. will just side over the lens housing, but has to be held in place. It seem in read in here the Kodak adapter was of 50 mm, Then last night I read there for 55 mm. Now I have no idea what I need till it gets here. What size are the ones you guys have ? I looked all over roseburg ore todat no one stocks any filter or lenses. The Hi$$ camera in this town is just under $500, most being under $200. But they can order it and have it in aday or two. If they take 55 mm I'am set up. I have atleast 10 or more filters, but only 4 @ 58 mm. I also went looking for a bag and ended up looking at womens hand bags. still didn't find anything. This camera acc shop can be wearing
sandtowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2005, 2:26 PM   #2

It looks like they take a 55mm. I'am covered I hope. Now for a spare battery. Back to ye ol walmart story. Not sure which camera this was for. It is Kodak brand battery price $99. That thing must stay charged for a month or two
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:19 PM   #3

I don't know which WalMart you shop at but here in the Sand Dunes the replacement Kodak battery for the 6490 is only $29. But you are right about the adaptor being 55mm.
Visit the consumer section of http://www.kodak.com for all the information you need for accessories for the 6490.

Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:08 AM   #4

I don't know which Kodak the battery fit, buy it was a oem Kodak. The price's are going to keep my heart beating. littletiny card $88 little tiny battery $99. Oh I'am in oregon 35 miles from the sand dunes. The wally is in Roseburg or
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:46 PM   #5

You can get a new battery right from Kodak for $29 and if you search around the web you can do a lot better.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:48 PM   #6

Try a camcorder bag from wal-mart. Found mine on sale for 19.99. The battery shouldn't cost that much. The adapter tube from kodak is a 55mm size and 55mm lenses and filters shoul fit it fine. You can also get a step up ring for those 58mm filters from B&H Photo Video. A 512 gig Sandisk will do all you really need and cost less than you are stating. You'll be able to get nearly 400 pics on one before it is full and that is at the best setting on the camera.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:40 PM   #7

I went for a walk today along the river, using the 512 mb card Itook 202 shots. I wasn't out to fill the card, mainly trying the camera other than my yard. The pic's I,ll post tonight I resized with easy share by clicking best fot for web (????). It,s all new to me. I had been using infranveiw or photobucket
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:45 PM   #8

This area is about one mile long and 100 yds wide. There is alot of Indian history along this river. What do you think this was used for ??? (LOL) opps same pic
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:50 PM   #9

keeping in tune with the season
Attached Images

Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:00 PM   #10

Noone seems to know where this came from. It's bee here all of my life. I'am 58
Attached Images