Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 16, 2005, 12:24 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me something about this camera, Kodak Easyshare Z7590? I love to do outdoor nature pictures that often takes a good zoom to get the quality of pictures I want. My daughter owns a Canon Rebel SLR that is wonderful. My current and first digicam was the Sony FD-83, the zoom sucks! The Sony takes great portrait pics, for smaller portraits, and is good for when your moving around for landscape photography (on the road driving). My daughter's Canon, does so much more, and pic's are really good anywhere anytime. I was looking to upgrade but can't afford the SLR camera's. Since nature seems to be my thing in photography, I would like to think this camera might just work and be in my price range. Also can purchase the wide angle lens and the telephoto lens. Any suggestions would be nice!

Spicelynn:?
Spicelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2

Hi

Z7590, Z740 and DX7590 all will suit your job. They are very good cameras, very easy and deliver pleasing results. You can check at dpreview.com and kodak forum there to see Z7590 pics posted by some of forum members. DX7590 is more than 1 yr old model and is well explored, so I can tell it is really very versatile camera works in all conditions without much tweaking with settings. Z7590 also inherits all such features of DX7590.

If you wish to spend more, you can have a try on P850 of Kodak. Which has 12X zoom with imagestabilization, can be great for outdoor shootings.

However no such prosumer camera can be compared with digital SLRs because of their limitation in optics and operation. But still these cameras are very easy to use, very versatile and deliver excellent image quality for the price what you pay.

Hope this helps.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 3:46 PM   #3

With the P850 you also have a hotshoe for an external flash. In the PASM mode you get the HISTOGRAM and something you may like evan more would be the 2 second shutter delay to help reduse vibrations when shooting lots of zoom while on a tripod.The LCD is also larger

If you think you'll be using the auto mode for most of your shots the 7590 does a wonderfull job. You'll have 5 color modes, and can adjust exposer compensation in auto.

You can get the dockor printer dock for both rigs. Both rigs use the same 55mm screw on lenses with the KODAK adapter. They both use the same battery and memory cards. The P850 is somewhat taller, wider, and thicker then the 7590. Iuse both the P850 and the DX7590.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:13 PM   #4

I've had the dx7590 for a little over a year and I love it. The z7590 is basically the same but a slightly newer model and includes a histogram which is a nice feature. I'm sure you would be happy with either model. I'm attaching a shot from the dx7590, full zoom plus digital zoom plus Olympus Tcon 1.7 tele lens( which works great with these cams and is about $95). Dan

Attached Images

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:19 AM   #5

Great shot Dan.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:43 PM   #6

Hi Dan,
I agree, wonderful shot! Something I would like to be able to do, but with current camera, not possible. Thanks for all the responces, they have very much appreciated.

Spicelynn
Spicelynn is offline   Reply With Quote