Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:33 PM   #1

I'am still getting things together for this camera. As it turns out I need to buy a uv filter in 55mm. most everything I have is hoya, so I may as well stick with Hoya, But which one works best for just all around shots. I see uncoated, single, muti, ect. I'am thinking uncoated. I'll never again buy online from Dell. They ship DHL, my lens adapter has been sitting in a city 50 miles away since the 13th. Dell shipped on the 10 th, saying I would have the item in 2-3 days. If I'am lucky I may get it today. Thats 2 day to travel 1000 miles and 4 more days to travel the last 50 miles ( ?????) rant,rant
sandtowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:52 PM   #2

Hi I just got my P850 today after DHL delivered to the 3th wrong address a lady down street walked up and handed it to me. I've not got to try it waiting on the battery to charge.
kysportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:08 PM   #3

You mean If I lived down the st from you. I could of had a free 850 !!!!!! I drove truck for years, DHL is a total waste of time for home delivery items
Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:50 PM   #4

I think most would prefer a coated filter over an uncoated one. Only going on what I've read, coated filters will cut down reflection and glare. Now I don't know if I could tell a difference in most situations, and I haven't checked prices lately, but I would probably go a few bucks extra for a coated one.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 7:55 PM   #5

Go for the coated if you can afford it. Better shots with the coated lens. Just my opinion! Next time have it shipped by US mail. They are getting quicker than UPS or FedX lately!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 8:09 PM   #6

LOL thanks Dawg

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:38 PM   #7

It's just the truth Dan.

Dawg at work
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 12:00 AM   #8

ok I was thinking on long term. The hoya's I have now are over 30 yrs and still look fine. Some of the Kodak filters are turning color around the edge. They've all been in there own hard shell case and in a cam bag. Guess where I'am thinking of buying from. It's easy and quick, I really do live in the hills, it's 50 miles to the nearest city, but the city is moving in. I did get a heck of a deal ( $10 ) on four filters @ cpl, 1 fog, 1 haze. I not sure if the haze would also be a UV or not. It will be a wait and see. Oh this guy has gone to using Mamiya flim camera's, I had never heard of these. I hope I get all this stuff soon. Fall is now starting here and won't last long. It also started raining