Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:21 PM   #11

MrBlue wrote:
Quote:
Nice pics FAVA, I especially like the giraffe pic.
Thank you Mr. Blue. Too bad it's facing the other way :-). I took some pictures from where those people are, but the colors did not come outtoo good because of the sunlight. I'm wondering what would Mr. Big Dawg's comment beon this one....
FAVA98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 5:10 PM   #12

Nice shots, clear and crisp colors.. BigDawg would probably think that giraffe pic was the only one facing the right way:-)

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:40 AM   #13

dan279 wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots, clear and crisp colors..
Thank you Dan!

Quote:
BigDawg would probably think that giraffe pic was the only one facing the right way:-)
LOL :-)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:02 PM   #14

Wow. Those are some great shots. I'm really considering purchasing this camera and giving my daughter my DX6490.

Shorty4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:00 PM   #15

Fava-

When there is lots of light the Kodak P-850 does quite a good job. However, when zoomed out to the max, in low light conditions, and at ISO 400, things begin to unravel a bit. That happens with most digital cameras, I guess that I was just hoping for better photos under those conditions from the P-850.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:57 PM   #16

Shorty4u wrote:
Quote:
Wow. Those are some great shots. I'm really considering purchasing this camera and giving my daughter my DX6490.
Thank you for your comments!

Before you buy it, please read also what others are saying about this camera (no professional reviews yet) and try it at a Best Buy. Different people need differet things from a camera... I mostly used it in manual modeup to now and I had to learn a bit and experiment with it before I got these shots (I'm coming from a CX7530). I haven't yet shot too muchin low light conditions or with fast moving subjects, so I cannot comment on that now. But I've had a great time with this camera so far :-)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:03 PM   #17

speaklightly wrote:
Quote:
When there is lots of light the Kodak P-850 does quite a good job. However, when zoomed out to the max, in low light conditions, and at ISO 400, things begin to unravel a bit. That happens with most digital cameras, I guess that I was just hoping for better photos under those conditions from the P-850.
Sarah,

Thank you very much for the info. So far I did not get into a situation that required those settings. When that happens, I'll try to do the best I can :-).

Fava