Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:12 PM   #11

Very nice photo Sarah! Your observations are being noted!

Dawg at work
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:11 PM   #12

Thank you very much BigDawg, Fava, and Old Shutterbug. I really did NOT like the P-850 when I first got it, but I am willing to get some examples out of it for you. I am still undecided. Right now I think it takes too much planning and effort.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 1:06 AM   #13

As I noted in another thread. It seems this camera has a longer learning curve than others Kodak has produced. We asked for it though. We all complained it needed this and it needed that and they listened and we got what we asked for. Now it's time we learned to use this full featured camera we asked for. The more features and bells and whistles a camera has the longer it takes until you will use those features reflexively. Right now you have to think what to do next instead of just doing it the way you did with the old cameras you were using. It's just going to take a little time and effort and experimentation to get to that non-thinking and shooting point of comfort you all had with the cameras you were using. I myself am hoping that owners of this camera such as Sarah and RJ and others will step by step show some of the less skilled or less patient folks how to use this camera. I won't be able to for quite some time. I just wonder if Brand bias is preventing some of the reviewers from doing a review of this camera and discussing how it can be better used.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 8:03 AM   #14

Nice shot S.J.

Is that a new flight training outfit?

If so what airline ?

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:29 AM   #15

Very nice shot, Sarah

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 10:52 PM   #16

Nice shot Sarah.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:52 AM   #17

Very nice indeed. The sharpeness doesn't surprise me, though. At 1/60th and 6x optical zoom, my Canon Powershot S1IS is sharp as well, because like the Kodak P850 it has an image stabiliser. However, my Canon shows a lot of noise at ISO 400. Your pic shows remarkably little noise. On the other hand, it is downsized, which reduces noise quite a bit. It would be nice to see a 5MP version of this picture. A small part cropped with the lossless utility jpegcrop would be sufficient.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:34 AM   #18

kassandro-

I believe that perhaps, if you were to look at the background, there is some visible noise.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:35 PM   #19

I am an keen photographer - though not one who has a lot of time for 'fiddling' and setting up between shots. I do tend to stay on 'auto' most of the time.Do you think I would be better sticking to a 7590 rather than the P850 which "has a steeper learning curve"?

Most of my shots are of my kids - which means they have often to be quite spontaneous.

Any advise please.
Scrapangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:14 PM   #20

scrapangel-

There is no need at all to be fearfull of the Kodak P-850 complexities. I think that it will do an even better job for you in "auto" than the 7590 due to the fact that it has more zoom and IS.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote