Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 23, 2005, 8:47 AM   #11

I too prefer Kodak's color. But like you said everyones monitor and opinion is different..Sarah Joyce,these are very good comparisons and I thank you for the time and effort it takes .

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:06 AM   #12

Sarah,

Looking at your photo examples, the most obvious difference to me is your hair color. The picture on the left gives you gray hair, whereas the other one is more of a blond or yellow color. Which one is closer to reality?

BTW, I like the kodak photo myself, not just for the color difference, its a better picture of you...

Terry
TerryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 11:59 AM   #13

Terry-

I don't want to confuse thing further, but my hair color is actually somwhere between those two photos. And BTW I don't color my hair, its just where it has gone in 70 years.

But that follows the traditional Kodak Color philosophy of increased color saturation with slight color enhancement.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 5:52 PM   #14

Sarah,

Kodak wins imo; much better saturated and style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I think the fuji has to much contrast wich makes your face harder, de lens of de kodak has a better DR i think.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Kodak makes the world look better, much nicer to look at

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Looking forward to see more of your comparisations.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks for your contribition and effort to let us make a good decision

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Nafta
nafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:25 PM   #15

The slightly darker and more saturated image would be easier to correct in photoshop, should that be my wish!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:38 PM   #16

Goodpics Sarah. Thanks for taking the time to do thecomparisons for us.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2005, 9:40 PM   #17

BigDwag-

I thought it was important to post the photos as they came from the cameras to give a better idea of how those camera performed. I agree that thing could easily be take care of in PS.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:10 PM   #18

Hi Sarah, I've been reading your reviews on both P850 and S5200 and find it very informative. I also like the side by side comparison of the pictures. I'm trying to choose between the two cameras for my upcoming europe/africa trip. I posted a topic under "What Camera Should I Buy? > good camera for upcoming europe/africa trip" but I thought I'd ask you directly as it seems you have quite extensive experience with both. I'm hoping to do some architectual photos perhaps under overcasting winter conditions (am planning on buying a wide angle converter) in Europe. Then for the Africa portion of the trip, I'll be going on a Safari where I'd like to get some good pics of the landscape at wide angle as well as telephoto of wild animals from a good distance away. I'm wondering what you would recommend and if you have picture of structures and animals with zoom (I'm curious how much more the 12x will pickup in comparison to the 10x). Thanks so much. The original question I posted is http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87
with some more specifics. Thanks so much!
jiaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:33 PM   #19

Hello Ms. Joyce,

I have "followed" your thoughts on the P850v. S5200 and am most impressed!

I am curious...what are your thoughts on the Panasonic FZ30 relative to the P850 and S5200?

The reason I ask this is...

I am looking for more va-va-zoom and may opt to replace my venerable E20 but will keep the FL-40 flash and Wcon wide angle lens.

Thanks

Digcamfan
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote