Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:50 AM   #1

Hello Dan!

I downloaded that resize program but when I choose 640x480 and post I get a message that image to large. The Coney Island 4pm pictures of the old public bath house were compressed to CE format and are too small. How do I get a larger image to up load to forum???

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:50 AM   #2

Bill I resize in Photo Shop Elements, PSE. I resize the photo to 800X600 and then when saving I move the file size slider to the closest to 240KB that I can. Anything over 240KB will be rejected. Hope that helps!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks B.D.

I recently installed P.E. 4 but have not had time to tinker around with it. The program Dan posted gives th option to duplicate prior to resize but the second from smallest is too big to upload here and the palm pc/ce size works but is too small.

BiLL

Old Oct 25, 2005, 2:51 PM   #4

Hi Bill,
If it's the program where you right click on the image and choose resize then all you do is when choosing your option expand that window by hitting the advanced tab then choose ...Make picture smaller but not larger... this will bring the file size down so you can upload....hope this helps if this is the program:-)

PS. I use 800 X 600 all the time with no problems using the above method :-)
I have just installed Acdsee Version 8 and WOW what a difference in performance from older versions plus adding really cool text options are available now and its editing is sooo much nicer incorporating some of the photoshop feel to it, I recommend it for faster editing that doesnt need to much work or detail added to the shot instead waiting for the big editors to load...keep in mind this is for fast fixes
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 3:51 PM   #5

Hi Bill...I've not had that problem. But the program does give you a custom size option...click advanced, then customsize- maybe try something inbetween small+large, say 560x400? or whatever works. After resizing check the file size, like Dawg says 240KB is max....Just to let everyone know- we're talking about Win XP Powertoys resizer

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:03 PM   #6

THANKS ALL!

WILL TRY WHEN I GET A CHANCE.

BiLL