Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:22 PM   #21

"I'm just an avid digicam user, not affiliated with any digicam manufacturer."

Are you suggesting some of us might be, and that you would not be?

Is that a code word for your second job?

"paid shill."

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:03 PM   #22

Either some are, or they are just naturally arrogant and rude.

You decide.
bubbawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:16 PM   #23

Gentlemen..... calm down. Everyone's opinion should be heard. But saying that please ... If you do not like the 850 go on your way. Some people are getting great photo's with their P850's and would not trade them off for anything. Some seem to have had problems with theirs and wish to trade them in on a Panasonic , Fuji or cannon. Please go on and do that. But why are you returnining here to spout off about how terrible the kodak is and how good the new...Whatever brand is??? This is a forum for Kodak users and we really should take the good with the bad BUT... dissing these camera's in this manner makes you APPEAR as Reprasentastives of a differing camera company! This may not be so... but it appears that way !! With a user name like {Panna} why would we believe any different. Every time you post you are saying the sales and service in Germany are not good...WELL BUY SOMETHING ELSE and quit this inssescent Bitching. It really is Tireing and sometimes comical to some of us longtime Kodak users to watch these gripe posts. If your not happy go with something else....WE WON't STAND IN YOUR WAY but if you're just here to convince newbies not to buy Kodak maybe because you're being paid to do that....shame on you...get a new occupation please as your arguments sometimes are specious at best and comical at worst..

Nuff sed Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:26 PM   #24

I am naturally arrogant and rude, when I'm suspicious..smiles.

Regards Rj
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:05 PM   #25

Hey bigdawg, keep in mind that online forums like this are not only here for constructive feedback, but for everyone to share their experiences. If we didn't let people bitch about their camera's, we'd never know what problems people were having :-)

But, your point is taken and I agree...Complaining about a camera and ranting about how it was sold and how the person went to another brand and that it's so much better is uncalled for.

Let's all keep in mind that most of the camera's that get heavy press in these forums are among the best of the bunch. And to say a particular camera is way better than another is, quite honestly, personal opinion.

With that said,the S2 IS is the best camera ever made!!!!!!!!!!

*runs off to another forum*

:blah:
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:52 AM   #26

No..swgod98. I have no objection to someone telling what experiences they had or are having. How else can we learn. But when all we have to go on is their text posts we cannot know if they are telling the truth or not! We even had one here a while back complaing that no one was paying them any attention when they had only posted the one post complaining they were not recieving any attention. I think that anyone can critique anyone elses photo and diss it as being soft focused on any photo they look at. some would say that- even when the opposite is the truth. And they don't back up their claims of getting better photo's with any photo's!! How are we to believe them?? I've seen some that posted shots that were quite good and complain they were not good enough. You couldn't even tell for sure what camera was used or how they took the shot because the EXIF data was gone from the photo! I can take about as many bad photo's as good ones simply by purposely botching the shot. The disingenuine nature of some of these posts leads one to believe they are simply some Cyber goons way of getting off!! Did I say that right RJ? I see these folks with 2 or 3 posts claiming to have had such bad luck and bad performance with their camera's and wonder if they ever owned one at all. Then I see folks like RJ and Simon with large no.'s of post that regularly post exceptional photo's with the same type of camera. Who would you believe???? And some of those exceptional photo's that you can see are really good are being put down as soft focused by people that have never posted even one photo themselves!! Go figure. You'd think they had some ulterior motive behind their posts but they are doing it in such a clumsy way as to make you laugh at the amatuerish way they do it!! This used to be a nice place to learn how to use your camera. I've used camera's since the 50's but was new to digital until I started learning from the good fols on this sight! We posted and critiqued each other's posts for a long time now and have truly enjoyed each other's company. All of a sudden when the 850 and 880 were anounced the boo birds appeared. not to be of help. Not fraternize in any contructive or helpful way but to put us and Kodak down at every opportunity! So I say to those BOO BIRDS You can fool the casual browser here but the regulars and the friendly and helpful folks of this forum --I think should just ignore you. And let you go on your way telling the Non-truth but rebut that non-truth with photo's that show you for the type that you are. Either misguided or truly a non-honorable fool!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:55 AM   #27

Hi Bubbawilly,

You need to be careful when you respond to others comment also. Many times we ourselves invite rude response. Missing the facts written in message is one such condition. techgeek mentioned already that shots were framed in a running car, I dont think softness of the shot matters when you talk about quality. Clarity, colors details etc indicate that they were accurately focused.

There are couple of happy customers who got the replacement with their defective P850s when they informed about their experiences to Kodak. You could have chosen that way.

Good luck with your new camera, and please stick to the forum what ever camera you use.

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:51 AM   #28

just for clarification.

bubbawilly wrote:
Quote:
I never called the 850 "junk." I think what I said was that it was dissapointing to me, or something along those lines.
bubba, the "junk" reference was quoted from another users post:

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
This camera is junk and must be returned to the store. I'll not have any of it.
sw2cam, was that sarcasm?

If results are that badmost likely there is a defective unit.

Personally, I love my Kodak P850 as well asmost ofthe other Kodaks I've used.
But thats just me.
techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:55 AM   #29

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Nuff sed Dawg
You said it all and more.
Thanks Dawg!
techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:24 AM   #30

Yes it was..................sw2cam, was that sarcasm?

I have one of the P850's that KODAK replaced. My first one was an odd beast. I go out take a few shots and they were all bad. Then later I try 10 shots of a sunrise and they looked good. Then a few shots of my grandson playing in the bath, and they looked like I took em from the other side of a screen door. I kept playing. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. I kept taking the 7590 along with the 850 and shooting the same shots. The 850 did not to shut down 4 times I had to pull the batteries. Then it would not go into digital focus till I shut it down and turned it back on. Finally I decided it was not me. I e-mailed KODAK they had me send sample pictures. I got a phone call and a new rig was shipped. From start to end this took 3 days. From first e-mail to the time I had the new 850. I call that good service. Evan when I was mad as H at this camera I didn't go to web sites and flame KODAK or any other brand. Let me tell you I have had 3 rig's of one of the most popular brands on the market and I could go on and on about how crappy they were for me. I could go on for ever about the poor leval of service I recieved on two of them. You do not see me posting in that brands forum flaming them.