Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:42 PM   #31

pana2005 wrote:
Quote:
I want to buy a digicam. There are two favourites: the Panny fz5 and the Kodak P850.
Both cameras have IS and a rather good image-quality.

I have two questions to an owner of the P850:

1) What's about noise?
2) I've read that the P850 shoud have a shutter-lag of about two seconds?
¬*¬*¬* Is this right? How is it possible to make snapshots with such a camera?

I'ld be glad to get infos from you.

Regards¬*¬*¬*¬* Peter
To all,
My reply was in direct response to the OP's question. Some folks took offense (some more than others ), since it wasn't favorable for the 850. Me thinks thou dost protest too much! How many besides techgeek419 have bothered to address his question instead of trying to derail the thread? I'm sorry, but if I'm the OP, I look at how folks started questioning the integrity of a person who directly answered his question, and it makes me very suspicious. :P Hell, I wasn't the OP, but it sure made me suspicious! Then, someone even accuses the OP of working for Panasonic because of his user name. :roll: Guys, he said that his short list included the 850. Take a breath, and read his initial question. You may even try to address it. That would be awesome!

Atindra,
I'll post in any forum, to include Kodak, when I can offer first hand experience or personal knowledge. I currently own 2 kodak cameras and a printer dock, so I think that's my ticket for admission, that is, if I have your permission.

Quote:
Hey bigdawg, keep in mind that online forums like this are not only here for constructive feedback, but for everyone to share their experiences.¬* If we didn't let people complain about their camera's, we'd never know what problems people were having
Well said!

sw2cam,
I'm very sorry that you couldn't find it within yourself to share the bad experiences you've had with digicams, as well as the good. As swgod98 so eloquently stated, that is how people learn about products, and that is what this forum is about. After nothing but personal attacks and sarcasm, you finally share that you had a bum 850 and had to exchange it, and the replacement unit has been great. Where was that earlier? Now that would have actually contributed to this thread!
bubbawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:13 PM   #32

...l..

You wonder, why I've chosen the name pana...?

At home we have many products from panasonic: TV, player, recorder, telephone ...,
but not a single camera.

Regards Peter

pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:29 PM   #33

I've forgotten something:

thanks bubbawilly for your answer.

By the way. I'm teacher at an professional school and have no connections to the firm panasonic with the exception of buying some of their products.

Regards Peter

Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:36 PM   #34

Well that's good enough for me. As I said in another post I hope your decision of which camera you choose works out for you. and it really doesn't matter to me which you choose. I own not only a Kodak but a pentax also. I've had good and bad luck with several brands. Gotten good feed back from every camera company I've had to deal with. So which ever you choose I wish you well!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:28 PM   #35

Is it so difficult or is my English so bad??

I'm only interested in the values to verify the quoted opinion.

Perhaps you have a manual or the experience to inform me??!

Thanks in advance

Regards m Peter

Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:36 PM   #36

bubbawilly wrote:
Quote:

Atindra,
I'll post in any forum, to include Kodak, when I can offer first hand experience or personal knowledge. I currently own 2 kodak cameras and a printer dock, so I think that's my ticket for admission, that is, if I have your permission.
Permissiongranted.

Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:21 PM   #37

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
Yes it was..................sw2cam, was that sarcasm?
thanks for clearing that up.

Yourpost about the model being "junk" seemed to bemisinterpreted.
It can be hard to read sarcasm in an onlineforum, unless people know you.
What first tipped me off :ideathinking it may be a joke) was whenI noticedyour pics from the P850 in another thread. Nice photos!

Hopefullywe have all worked things out there.
Peace be with this thread.

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:31 PM   #38

sw2cam,
I'm very sorry that you couldn't find it within yourself to share the bad experiences you've had with digicams, as well as the good. As swgod98 so eloquently stated, that is how people learn about products, and that is what this forum is about. After nothing but personal attacks and sarcasm, you finally share that you had a bum 850 and had to exchange it, and the replacement unit has been great. Where was that earlier? Now that would have actually contributed to this thread!

Bubba.........read more then one thread before you jump in and start flamming. Most anyone on here knows that I have a replacement 850 and why I wanted to replace it. I don't think I should need to repeat that fact in every thread that I post in.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:39 PM   #39

Hey sw2cam - Is your avitar a P850 with the lens adapter and the TCON 1.7 attached? Just curious, as that's what it seems to look like. :|
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:50 PM   #40

Peter I'm very sorry but I do not have the experience with either one personally to give you an informed or truthful answer. And your english is very good. There are no problems understanding you at all. If I had the personal experience with either the 7590 or the p850 I'd be glad to investigate the answers to your questions. I can only point you towards some other folks that might be able to help. Some of them just need to get past the suspicions they have and simply tell the truth ...the unbiased truth about the performance of those particular cameras. I would if I coould. Your persistance is it's reward I'd say and really deserves some answers to the questions you have posed! Hey...RJ ...Simon... Bob Mevis.... Dan can you answer some of the questions that peter has about the DX7590 or the P850??? I can't or I would!! Hope that helps out Peter. I just wished you had asked about the DX6490 and I could help you some!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote