Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:06 PM   #71

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
My dad used to say...(confused the heck out of me at the time)...You know more than you know you know. You know? As I've gotten older I began to understand! You know?
Well, what do you know...
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 12:28 AM   #72

That I don't know as much as I wish I did know nor do I know nearly everything about any thing. Ya know?

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:07 PM   #73

Ok guys - I need help here. I recently bought a Konica Minolta Z6 (on the advice of the Kodak store!) - got a dud - took it back - next one no better. Whole batch is going back.

Now I'm trying to decide what to get. The Kodak guy said the only reason he doesn't like Kodak is because of the amount of repairs they have on them. He sells less Kodak's and sends them away more often. What is everone elses's experience of this.

I want a good zoom. (I currently have the DX6440 4meg, 4 x optical which I love - great photos). Higher megs odesn't really matter - I don't do big enlargements.

What are the basic differences betweeen the DX7590 and the Z7590? (Which is better) I see great shots out of each. (A firend has the DX6490 and it is magic)

Then, is it worth the extra (rather large jump) to the P850?

I've spend hours on the net reading as many reviews as possible - and I think it is just confusing me more :lol:

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Scrapangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:45 PM   #74

I have a DX6490 and it works great. In fact I'm thinking since I have a big zoom camera, I'll get the P880 if enough good posts show up on it. I don't know personally of any of my friends or relatives that have had any severe problems with Kodak. In fact some of my buddies on these forums swear by their P850's and seem to be turning out some good shots. You can get a lemon on anything mass produced. What makes the difference is if the manufacturer will make good on it. Why not buy from a dealer with a good return policy and if you don't like it return it??

Dawg
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:05 PM   #75

Thanks Dawg. I've read just about every post on the P850 here! There have been a couple of negatives - but an overwhelming majority are favourable. I just don't know if it is worth the extra money to go up to the P850 when so many are really happy with their 7590's

Which 7590 do you think is the better?

Scrapangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:41 PM   #76

I like the DX but they are abut to phase it out and the Z is it's replacement!

Dawg at work