Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:06 PM   #11

Agreed, I wouldn't trade in my 7590 for one, but if I was starting from scratch the 850 would be my choice

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:38 PM   #12

Dave I'm not telling you to want or like the 2 second timer. I don't think the 2 secondtimer has anything to do with how quick you get a picture orif you have a rocket up your backside. I'm also not telling you to buy a P850 or to rid yourself of your DX7590. Pana weather he is a smerf, troll or not, he asked a question. I thought I gave him an honest answer. I pointed out options. Asked him to decide what options he wanted and what he was willing to pay for them. I'm also from the old school. I have always used my brains. Part of using my brains is letting someone else do the labor, or to buy tools to make it less of a job.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:31 PM   #13

sw2cam, wow we seem to have our wires crossed here, my friend I was not having a go at you and your reply to pana.

There has been much debate regarding the P850 as with all new cameras, I myself would like to see all manufacturers perfect the features they have in their current range of cameras rather than try and suck people into buying new models by adding a few more features that realy dont mean that much.

I agree with you if I were just starting out I would most likely buy the P850, I am sure it is a good camera, I just dont think it is a good upgrade from a DX6490/7590, I believe the P880 would be a better upgrade but even then only for people that dont need a 10X zoom but prefer the 24mm wide end.

Going back to the old days most but not all would have used a 28 - 200mm lens range with 35mm, now in the days of digital we all of a sudden find we need 380mm or longer, I dont know about other folks but I dont use 380mm very often, last time I did I owned a DX6490 and the lens fell out, would not return.

Regards

Dave

Downunder

DX7590 x 2 --------- Z730
OldShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:39 PM   #14

Dave..............It's fun getting wires crossed from time to time. Think of the fun it is to untangle them. ^5 my friend
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:53 PM   #15

Hi,

after some time I come back to the point.

I consider to buy a camera. So far so good.

There are three cameras, which I'm interested in:

a) Panny fz5/20
b) fuji s5200/s5600
c) kodak p850/dx7590

All the three cameras are quite different, I know.

I know that kodak is famous for its colours. I know ,too, that kodak has its weaknesses regarding the autofocus and the shutter lag.

I 've the problem that the kodak cameras are rather badly represented in Germany.
I've the problem, too that the p850 is quite a new camera. The dx7590 has rather mediocre results in German foto-magazines, but is recommended by German purchasers on internet.
On the other side both the cameras have the features I'm interested in: hot shoe, 2,2 or 2,2 '' display, manual focus...

If I compare the kodak - cameras with the panny, which one would be better?
I 'ld be glad to get an honest answer from you.

Regards peter
pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:36 PM   #16

Peter I can not answer that question. I do not have a Pany or Fuji to compair with. I do have the DX7590 and P850. and that was the starting point of this thread. I do not know what badly represented in Germany means. If it means poor customer service, then I would not buy that camera.

Regards Rj

Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:58 PM   #17

pana2005 wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

after some time I come back to the point.

I consider to buy a camera. So far so good.

There are three cameras, which I'm interested in:

a) Panny fz5/20
b) fuji s5200/s5600
c) kodak p850/dx7590

I find it quite interesting that someone who's interested in these three cameras has only ask questions in only two of the brand forums. I wonder why? Maybe because he/she already owns one of them? I could be wrong...it's just my suspicuous nature I guess.

sredd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:02 PM   #18

Pana, One or the other.

Hi,

I intend to buy a p850.
"Now I've seen that the dx7590 has gotten very good results in German tests"

"The dx7590 has rather mediocre results in German foto-magazines"

Ialso havea suspicuous nature ofbubbawilly.

Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:39 AM   #19

Hi ,

I 've neither of these cameras.

I wanted to buy a p850 . I've written, that there are only a few shops in Germany with
Kodak-cameras. It's another thing in the USA, I guess, where it is the most important brand.

I can't get the Kodak-cameras in three cities in the neighbourhood of my home city.
I can only get infos on Internet. Thus I'm in the forum, where are the most people, who have these cameras (I hope so, at least).
Now I've seen al lot of positive things regarding the kodak-cameras but some negative things, too.

I 've seen different opinions in German magazines and from German purchasers.
As the dx7590 is the elder camera I can get the most informations regarding this camera.
I want to get some infos from you, too. What's astonishing?

Regards peter

pana2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:58 AM   #20

Peter go here this guy is from Germany as well! Might be able to get together and ask the questions you need answered. I know this camera purchase is an important one to you and I hope you enjoy what ever camera you decide on.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote