Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:29 PM   #1

There are some original size P880 samples on this taiwan site:
http://www.dcview.com.tw/article/new...le.asp?id=4066
Some are portrait shots. Please take a look at them. Am I too critical in seeing some unnaturalness in the yellowish rendering of the skin tones.
landino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2005, 4:47 PM   #2

Am I to criticalto askwhy, would you believe anything posted will lookthe sameon each and every monitor. What I see may be nothing like what you see when it comes to skintones or any other slight color difference. 20 monitors 20 different skintones. I do not see how one can judge a set of pictures without another set from another camera to get a better idea of whats going on. When ever I post a picture for others to compair wb, ec, color, etc. I add the same pictures taken by another camera.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:20 PM   #3

P880 examples are being posted more and more.

Kodaks are known for their excellent color and skin tones right out of the camera without post processing.

check out a fewdifferent examplesand i think you will be pleased....
kcmargulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:08 AM   #4

sw2cam,

Sorry but I asked the question out of interest in the cam, not to make a buying decision (at least not now), so I was not looking for specific comparisons. Anyway, I assume that the samples appear OK on your monitor. Thanks.

Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:18 PM   #5

Landino I could not find the samples on the sight. As RJ said though the skintones will vary from monitor to monitor, Some times it's rather subjective to. I like the skintones a little more towards the red than some people! So you see it is a matter of the monitor calibration and what you find satisfactory in your eyes. The skintone is very easy to change in photoshop or any other processing program!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:19 PM   #6

landino wrote:
Quote:
sw2cam,

Sorry but I asked the question out of interest in the cam, not to make a buying decision (at least not now), so I was not looking for specific comparisons. Anyway, I assume that the samples appear OK on your monitor. Thanks.

I understand completely. But one can not expect evey moniter to show the pictures the same. Thats one of the problems, with20 people looking at pictures on the internet. Each moniter is different. Thats one of the reasons you get so many differing opinions on one shot. Then you and I have no idea what the person did to the pictures he took before he posted them. He may have tuned them up a bit to look good on his computer. It's just like taking your film into walmart or sending it to a pro for processing. They come out looking different. They look different on all grades of paper. I'm just saying it's a tough call.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:26 AM   #7

sw2cam,

I know how variations in hardware setup can affect our judgment, but people still post samples and discuss what they see on a daily basis don't they? Without adopting some universal standard of calibration either. To a certain limit and provided we know the limitations such discussions add to what we know.

bigdawg,

Sometimes clicking the link several times will get you to the page. Or if you are trapped in the site's homepage, try entering "p880" into the blank in the middle and click the button for a search. Hopefully you will then have a few links with "p880" in it. One of them has the samples. Sorry they are in Chinese. But I thought some people might be interested as there are still not many full size samples seen on the usual forums. The Chinese says these samples are without PP except for lossless rotation.

Thanks to you and kcmargulies for your suggestions. Yes, in general I like what I saw and will keep close watch.

Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:02 AM   #8

Landino, I appreciate that and will try again.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:52 PM   #9

Landino, I think it's completely natural for an Asian person having yellowish skin. We are not all the same. Beautiful model though and it's not camera or monitor fault. :G

Zozo
Zozo is offline   Reply With Quote