Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:11 AM   #1

Hi to all,

I got my P880 last week and I finally found some time to go take a few shots.

This is my first decent camera and althought I have always loved photography, this is the first time I am dedicating some time to learn more about it. So keep that in mind, I know I got a long way to go and looking forward to it.

Pic below is Tijuana shores lighthouse, the fence far in the background is the border between San Diego USA and Tijuana Mexico

Below is my daughter Selene.. and her bouquet.

Below is one of my pups Nikki, she's a mutt, I also got some chihuahaus, but is kinda cold to get them out for some decent shots ( 68 F) lol!

One more, a sunset at Tijuana Shores, got to figure the sun glare deal..

Im getting familiar with my camera, it is definetively loaded with features.I do like the raw feature, it is the first time I use a camera thathas it.

I do seelots of noise in the sky on first picture..kinda extrange, the originalin my PC doesn have it. Could it be the pitcure server?I'll post others sometime later... :|

bajacapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2005, 3:22 AM   #2

Can't see pics, what's wrong?
kinggang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:16 AM   #3

Hmmmm..it seems to be working now, I got to figure out how to post the actual sizes. I had resize them to 1024-768 fir posting here purpose, but the site I uploaded them too made them even smaller. I will work on that some other time..
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:39 AM   #4

wonderful pictures--you must be a proud papa!
kcmargulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 2:58 PM   #5

Hey nice pics!!!!

tpdapham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:11 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum BajaCapt. Nice pics with good color. I hope you enjoy your new camera and keep on posting.

Mr Blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:18 PM   #7

Welcome, Baja...nice pics and a beautiful daughter...We would all like to see more pics form the p880

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:47 AM   #8

Thanks guys, this is a very nice forum to visit and learn, I even got a shortcut for it in my desktop.

I come here and check pics and tips almost every day now, I will post some more pics when I get some good ones, txs again.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:30 PM   #9

Bajacapt, Resize your photo's to 800X600 and set the file size to less than 240kb. If you don't do that most hosting sites will resize them for you and they are not too kind to your photo's. Also get a polorizing filter to help with the sun glare and to get better contrast and colors in sky pics. A neutral density filter helps too! The camera seems to be doing a good job for you. Hope to see many more pictures from it soon.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:01 PM   #10

Txs for tip Dawg, I been looking for a polarizer, I think I got to buy the 55mm adapter from kodak to fit them in. Im not sure if a 52mm polarizer would fit right in without adapter, I am readin on it now (google search).

Apreciate the input on resizing pics to 800-600 and file size I'll start doing that for next shots.

My next purchases for sure are a good polarizer and a good tripod, I got an old squeeky one now...

Saw your post on another thread on lenses and filters (Cokin Users Guide), very usefull site! I got some reading material for a while there, I should consider a better more cushioned PC seat as well for all the time Im spending sitting reading on photography lol! (I can hear my wife "Sundays the NFL, weekdays photography! lol )