Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:25 PM   #21
Senior Member
techgeek419's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 404

ok now i'm confused (please excuse my ignorance)
I was thinking a "filter" was a round cover type attachment that screws on to the end of my lens attachment.

So is thislike a box that screws on, and the actual "filter" is like a slide (that is square)?

perhaps that iswhy I have heard it called a Cokin "system"?

I did look for those filters online and the pictures of them looked like slides,
and they were priced around $19.95 each, plus$6 shipping
(so $50 just for 2 of them? yikes)

If so, does that mean theyare all the same "size", for any camera?
I was thinking I needed to get a 55 mm size filter for my attachment..

I like the effects they give (thanks for resurrecting the othrer threads dawg)
but, i still dont know what exactly I would need to get

oh boy....

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:09 AM   #22
Senior Member
bigdawg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981

Okay here we go.

1. Yes they are square, except for the polorizing lens and a few others.

2. You have to buy an adapter ring so the filter holder will fit your camera.

3. The over all cost of these is really less than any other filter system, and no other filter system is as versatile! If you haven't already go here and read about them. Go to the bottom of the page and look at the Cokin tips and accessories. http://www.geocities.com/cokinfiltersystem/theguide.htm

4. You can even buy an adapter that fastens to the camera using the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. This allows the use of the system on cameras that have no provision for screw on adapters.

5. The filter holders are modular. You can stack a polorizing filter and two square filters and then stack on another filter holder for three more filters, giving you a six filter stack.

6. The filters that are most essential are the polorizing filter and the 120 gradual gray. Follow this with the gradual blue, then the gradual tobacco, then the sunset, then the 121 gradual gray.

If you want to know how to make the frames I used in these posts and others go here! http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:18 PM.