Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:36 PM   #1

On my after lunch walk this guy was still looking for his lunch.

BiLL

Was more soft and dull tried to tweak it up with elements 4.

:|

Attached Images

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:01 AM   #2

The non-worm worm...
Attached Images

Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:24 PM   #3

A little blurr around the feet !

Was it running ?

From a rooster?

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:10 PM   #4

ya, it's running away. No it's really, just bad depth of focus, I had two macro lenses on, so my focus isn't very wide... so, you'll notice the branch thingy is in focus, but all of the insect is a little out of focus.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:51 AM   #5

Yo, Will, what an unusualworm, or maybe grub. Is that whatsprouts fromthe biomass thatis constantly wet? Tell me about your Kodak DX7630, the goods and bads. also...nobody can get anything on the Z760.Have you compared your 7630 to it?Do you know if it ismuch the same as onecommentor hasguessed?

Now that you have revealed your interest in wildlife, for those of us who have never seen one and are fascinated by these kinds of things, can you show us a pic of a banana slug or other creatures of the same sort that are native to your area?
dearwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 1:13 PM   #6

All the picures of banana slugs I have turned out badly, they're blurry, mostly because I was too afraid to get close enough to them to take a decent picture. Anyway, the dx7630 is a wonderful camera, excellent color reproduction, a good megapixel size (6.1). The only thing I find it lacking is zoom. The macro built in is ok, but for another $40 (adapter and macro lenses from kodak) you can get amazing macros. Like I said above, 3x zoom is not enough for me, but it might be for you. From what I have read about the Z760, it seems pretty much the same--just the "new" version thereof. I'm happy with the camera, and it's traveled far and wide, and has nearly 10,000 shots on it after owning it 15 months and it's still going strong. It's been to 4 continents, taken pictures in all weathers, been dropped a few times, and it's still working perfectly. If you want samples of my pictures (most of which are straight out of the camera) you can visit my website
http://students.washington.edu/blaschko/photoweb
It is a very good camera, just not best suited for what I need... so I'm going to buy a new one. I think that covers just about everything you asked. Oh, I think there's some more "wildlife" on my webpage too.