Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:10 PM   #1

Hi all,

I already have a Fujis5200 but I'm looking for a small enough to carry around all the time in my bag camera and I've heard good things about the Kodak z730. Does anyone have experience with this camera and is it small enough to be an always carry camera. It doesn't have to be super compact. Or would you recommend a different Kodak in the 200 $ range. Quality image is first priority given of course my low budget. Thanks for any information.

Ruth
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2005, 2:56 PM   #2

I've seen quite a number of photo's taken with one of those and they all seem to be of good quality!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 2:33 AM   #3

Thanks Dawg. I'm interested in the camera but I still want to know whether it is small enough to be a good carry around. Anyone know?

Ruth
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:38 AM   #4

Hi Ruth. I recently purchased this camera and I find it is not to big too carry around. I keep it in my pocket when I walk the dogs and in my computer bag during the week, for those "wish I had my camera" moments. So I think it would work really well for.

The only other one I could reccomend might be one of C series (C330 or C340) they are a tad smaller than the Z730 but seem to work really nicely. My Mom has the C330 and her husband has the C340 and both have been very happy.

Hope this helps you decision.

Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:48 PM   #5

I'm looking at the C330 for the wife. It is a pocket type of point and shoot with some good optical zoom. This way she won't feel so left out on our photo safari's!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the information Steve. The c330 and c340 both look pretty good, but the z730 is a little more camera--larger lcd (2.2 rather than 1.6 I think on the C340) larger zoom, more manual control. The others are tempting because the are smaller and cheaper but I'll probably go for the z730. Thanks.

Ruth