Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:40 AM   #1

I want to get an additional 256 SD card. I have been reading about Sandisk and not seeing good feedback. I purchased a Transcend 80x SD card for my Canon. It works fine.

I am asking because I also have read some cards may not be compatible with certain cameras. Sandisk website has a 'product compatibility' to see if it works with your camera. This is what it says about the Kodak C330

Maximum capacity for this device: May support up to 512MB
Please check with your device manufacturer for details.

Transcend compatibility looked more positive. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you. :|
kacy130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:18 AM   #2

I bought a 512 SanDisk brand SD card for my 6490 5 months ago and have had no trouble with it at all. I got a 256 for my Granddaughter's Little HP camera when we went to the beach back in July. No problems there either. I just yesterday bought a C340 for my wife's Christmas and expect to get very good service from it as well. I've used Kodak or SanDisk ever since I've owned a digital camera and have not seen a problem with either at any time. Will they ever wear out?? Sure! Will one give me problems sometime in the future of course one will. Lemons come in all colors and brands. SanDisk has been a good quality SD card for sometime now. The large company a friend of mine works for buys them in bulk for the maintenance tech's and engineers to use in their PDA's. No problems there either. Buy what your comfortable with but don't go overboard on the price. One SD is about as good as another! To me anyway!! LOL Happy shooting with that C330. And post some photo's from it! I can't see how it couldn't use up to a 1 gb SD. I know a 512mb works quite well in a C340!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:32 AM   #3

I have never heard of anyone having a compatability issue with any brand. Dawg is right though, they are basically the same, with the exception of write speed, and if the camera isn't quick enough for sports, it won't matter much anyway. Good luck!
johnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:45 AM   #4

Here are some shots I just took with the 512 SD card from my 6490. I popped it into the C340 and shot them!

Dawg

No. 1
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:46 AM   #5

No.2
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:41 PM   #6

I've used Sandisk 256,512, and 1G in my 7590 for over a year and no problems with any of them...Like John says, ck the cameras read and write speed, I don't know your camera but faster speed is wasted on the older Kodaks

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:43 PM   #7

Don't want to take away the subject here, but thats a real nice Dawg house

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 7:25 PM   #8

Dawg, you got a really nice house. I love the openess of it. Very awesome!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:48 PM   #9

Thanks to all. That room was an addition built entirely by the wife and myself. She even laid most of the foundation blocks while I was at work and finished most of the sheetrock. What you see in the photos is only about 2/3 of the entire room. It's dimensions are 20' by 30' with a 13' 6" ceiling heigth. Gets full when my kids and grand kids visit for the holidays!

Dawg

Kacy did we answer the question for you??
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:40 PM   #10

Yes, Dawg, you did answer my questions. Thank you. I am a newbie with digital cameras and my mom enjoyed it when I brought it at Thanksgiving. Well, as we all know, parents are hard to buy for - so I bought one for her & hubby for Xmas.

Now I just need to find a hands-on class to take. I heard Wolfe Camera offers them. Best Buy is waaaaayyy to expensive for my budget.

Thanks again.