Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 27, 2005, 1:04 PM   #1

Was having a proble with the firmware fix for my girl friends dx7590. Decided that method three of the instructions would be the easiest.

1/down load ziped file

2/unzip and put file into a file named system on memory chip in reader connected to p.c

3/ put chip into camera but nothing happended

Called Kodak support and was on the phone close to 2 hours. The chap in Idia (nothing against Indian people, like the good ones not fond of others just as in all nationalites) felt rather than saying he was not informed on the process and would pass me on to a supervisor he just kept coming back with one of the same 1/2 baked answers

1/ you must use a Kodak memory chip

2/you must use the printing docker

3/ camera was defective

Finally was passed on to a supervisor to whom I insisted I did not to talk to anyone that I would need a passport or visa to visit.:G

Spoke to a guy in Rochester, NY who explained that I needed to extract the firmware from the kodak folder and just put that in my system folder. Went smooth as silk.

This out sourcing can make one go out of their minds.:evil:

I unpacked my new toy, a Z7590, batteries charged and almost ready to give it the acid test in the field!

BiLL!
:|

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2005, 3:35 PM   #2

Glad you got it straightened out , Bill, and I'm sure you'll like the new toy

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:22 PM   #3

Don't you just love the out-sourcing. LOL I keep calling untill I find someone that can talk to me. Or get my answers through forums like this.

Glad you got it working.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:55 PM   #4

Sorry to tell you this Bill! But strong acid could harm your camera and void the warranty. You might even have to call Kodak's help line again and that could cause a stroke or heart attack!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:19 AM   #5

When he told me I must only use Kodak memory chips to complete the up grade it was very obvious that he was trying to hide his ignorance and avoid haveing to pass the problem up to supervisory people and thus reveal his ignorance. I decide to play his game too. I told him "it is imperative that he authurize a voucher from Kodak to buy back the camera as this was never made clear in the instructions". I sounded very proper just as he did with the strong English tone/language.

I told my girl friend to let me know when she getsthe e-mail on the tech support follow up.

I plan to give them a piece of my mind that will make Gunga Din roll over twice!

BiLL

:|

Hey Dawg where were you when I needed you to put the mega-byte on this guy ! :G

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:35 AM   #6

Home nearly drunk as usual Bill!!LOL I'd leaped thru the phone and bit his face off but that's a far reach to India!! Nah just the booze courage talking!! LOL
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote