Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:39 PM   #11

happy new year to you too!!

bobins25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:44 PM   #12

Thank you. I hope to see some photo's from you in the near future!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:11 PM   #13

Had a play with the shutter speed today, I went to a motorway/freeway bridge, but it wasn't as busy as i hoped with it being a sunday. I was going to wait a while longer but low and behold who should turn up but the police, not wanting to go in to detail why i was taking photos of motorway traffic, I said my apologies and did one. I understand the 1/125, 1/250, 1/1000 and so on but if i go the other waytoo the 1/6", 1/8", 1/16", what do these mean? and why when i go th the 1/16" does it go a yellowish colour? Thanks. bobins25.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:25 PM   #14

If you keep turning the jog dial counter clockwise it will go all the way down to 16.0 seconds. it will look like this < 16.0" > And will be either red or yellow according to the available light. Either too much light available or not enough available wil turn it red. The settings of 1/16", 1/8" etc. are a time of one sixteenth of a second and one eighth of a second etc. That is the time you have set for the shutter to stay open and expose the sensor for the photo! You move the setting to a slower speed to take a photo in low light and a faster one in bright light and to stop action. Hope this helps!

Dawg
Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:50 PM   #15

cheers pal, i'll try it when i go bk home and the traffic is busyer, the shots i got wern't great but allowed me to understand the speeds abit better, i'll post my shots when i get some good ones. thanks bobins25.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:19 PM   #16

Just remember as you get down around 1/60 of a second shutter speed even at wide angle the focus blur will start creeping in. If you don't have one get a tripod or monopod. It will make all the difference in the world with slow shutter speeds!

Dawg