Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 3, 2006, 7:26 AM   #1

I have my camera set on a tripod, I have the manual in front of me, I also have a table set up with 3 diferrent items to play with my focus.

I have the camera in P mode and then I hit the focus button on the top left hand side. Of the 4 options, I am choosing MF which it shows me for a short period of time a small square/area with a "bigger" zoom.

Two questions: 1. How can I choose where I want my focus to be? 2. How can I make that small square stay up longer?

I want to take pics setting focus in all 3 different items. I really would like any help. I have been playing with my camera for a long while and can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Sorry, I must add it is a Kodak P850.

very crafty 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:55 PM   #2

As far as I can tell:

1. In manual focus mode the camera focuses in the center of the frame, and displays it in that magnified area to make it easier to see when the focus is achieved. If you want to focus on a certain object you'll need to move the camera such that the object isvisible in the magnified area. You can reframe afterwards to get a different composition.

2. You cannot change the amount of time the magnified area is displayed. You'll need to push the joystick as for refocusing to bring it back on the screen.

Ken
kdc41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 6:59 PM   #3

Thanks! No wonder I couldn't make it "work" :lol:
Old Jan 3, 2006, 7:11 PM   #4

On the other hand, if you choose the Normal focus mode, you can go in the main menus (AF Zone in advanced options) and chose selectable focus- this will allow you to select on which point in the frame the camera should focus (among a set of predefined selectable focus points)- use the joystick to select the desired focus point. This will use the autofocus, but will allow you to focus on different points without moving the camera.

Ken
kdc41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:37 PM   #5

Thanks a LOT Ken!