Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:53 PM   #1

I had a chance to use the Kodak V-530 today and was very impressed. No, it does not have an optical viewfinder like the Kodak V-550, and it has a smaller LCD than the V-550.

However, the image quality was excellent and for those wanting a small camera capable of MPEG-4 movie clips, and family photos, it offers alot of bang for the buck.

I am going to try it now with a slave flash to extend it flash range which is fairly short, about 8 feet at the wide angle setting.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:00 PM   #2

Here is a traditionally tough situation: heavy backlighting which potentially overpowers the V-530's metering. So, you think fast and add fill flash to overcome the backlghting. How well does the Kodak V-530 (a $200 camera) handle this problem.

Answer: amazingly well! Here is the photo, no post processing other than re-sizing to create an attachment. As a professional, I am amazed. Congratulations, Kodak!

This has to make one of the smallest, fastest, real family cameras available to anyone, no matter what your experience level might be.

MT
Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:38 PM   #3

OK, here is a macro example from the Kodak V-530. Again it is pretty impressive. This is no flash, ISO 100, at 2.5 inches. What do you think?

MT
Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:40 PM   #4

OK, final sample photo. This one is, as promised with the slave flash which extended the V-530's flash range out to 25 feet, all at 100 ISO. Once again, pretty impressive.

MT
Attached Images

Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:17 AM   #5

Nice job showing the capabilities of this little pocket camera. Would be a nice second camera for those places you don't want one hanging around your neck! LOL Looks pretty capabel for snap shooting the kids! And shooting Vacation scenes out doors! Thanks MT for showing that to us!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:09 PM   #6

Frankly, Dwag-

I was really surprised by the Kodak V-530. To be honest, due to its size, I had sort of written it off as a flash in the pan for those folks who want that quick, little, dinky, camera.

After I used it for awhile, I quickly found it was more than that by a long shot. No it will not drive the dSLR's out of town, bbut it is prett darned capable.

MT
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:55 PM   #7

MT, that little inexpensive camera did a real nice job. I'm sure anyone considering it will find this post very helpful

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote