Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:03 PM   #11

The Canon Digital Rebel used the built in flash for an assist lamp. Take a chill pill man. You DO NOT have to read or respond here. :whack:

Check the EXIF
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:55 PM   #12

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
The Canon Digital Rebel used the built in flash for an assist lamp. Take a chill pill man. You DO NOT have to read or respond here. :whack:

Check the EXIF
You are taking a bit of a risk when you complain about a Kodak camera on the Kodak forum. However, the beauty of a forum like this is that prospective purchasers have access to the good and the bad.

Your experience in some areas mirrors mine, so you are not alone in your dissatisfaction with the 850. And no, you aren't being too picky. Is that moire entirely a result of the file resolution, or is that present in your originals? Am I the only other one who sees it? :O

Digital Photography Review sums up the 850 very well here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakp850/page15.asp

It clearly misses in all of the areas that seem important to you.

Dawg,
Hang on to that 6490. It outperforms the 850 in a number of areas.
bubbawilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:33 PM   #13

These photos were reduced to 800x600 ans saved for web in photoshop cs2.*
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:43 PM   #14

Bubbawilly, I can't see a good enough reason to get rid of the 6490 yet. A month or so ago I might have been tempted but not now. I have seen more that like theirs, than don't and am waiting right now to see the post from Cold Snail over on the Easysharers forum to get his reaction before recomending the 850 to anyone else. Like I said there have been more that liked the 850 than disliked them but there are always bugs and lemons with every new product! Just in varying degrees. As far as Goofas not having the right to post his dislikes that goes a little too far. We as Kodak owners need to listen to the complaints as well as the applause. So go ahead and complain and describe what is wrong as well as what is right! That's the only fair way to be.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:51 AM   #15

The P850 is officially out of my hands. Not to start a flame here but.....this Kodak forum has been the least informative when compaired to KM, Pana, and Fuji here at Steves. I guess it is because the Kodak cameras are more P&S types. I'm glad some of you enjoy the P850 and I wish you all the happiness with it, I am getting another Fuji! :idea:
Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:23 AM   #16

Quote:
this Kodak forum has been the least informative when compaired to KM, Pana, and Fuji here at Steves.
I have to disagree with you their Goofas,I`ve found the kodak forum a real godsend .I just think only a few people own an 850, and with it being a new camera havent explored all its capabilities

TD

good luck with your Fuji
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:57 AM   #17

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
.....this Kodak forum has been the least informative when compaired to KM, Pana, and Fuji here at Steves.
The regurgitation of Kodak's P850 marketing hype aside, if one is prudent, and reads between the lines, you can get the straight scoop on this forum.

Every manufacturer's forum has its buzz marketers. The Kodak forum is no different.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:04 AM   #18

Just because I wear a buzz cut does not make me a buzz marketer, Bubbawilly! LOL And you are right in one respect. We don't have any, on forum Kodak reps. We are for the most part amatuers trying to learn to do better with our hobby. We for the most part don't get a dime from anyone for our photos or advice! If that's not the sort of people you want to be around then Goofas take yer goofas and leave. No skin off my nose.LOL Just, when you get another camera, try to enjoy the experience a little more, Eh!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:24 AM   #19

I meant no disrespect for your haircut Dawg!

I sported a buzz for many years.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:27 AM   #20

This forum has helped me out a lot. Although I do not visit a lot of the other forums a lot and I'm a Kodak user, DX4900, DX6440, DX6490, and now the P880. this forum is GREAT. As for the P850, It takes time to learn a new camera, if you are novice like me you just have to work with it and learn all you can about how it responds to you. Now if you are a pro you should expect more from your camera and you probably would not buy the P850 anyway. Just keep taking pictures and try different setting, you'll get to like it.

The P880 that I have had for a week now is great so far. I bought it for the wide angle and megapixel function. I love the wide angle, heres a sample.

Take care
Darrell

Attached Images

doitnthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote