Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:42 PM   #1

Here is a mid afternoon pub shot with a $200 Kodak V-530. The performance surprised me. This was handheld, no flash, with the ISO set to 400.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 9:51 PM   #2

Pretty nice MT. They look like they are still decorated for Christmas!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:12 PM   #3

Pretty impressive MT for that little camera.

mrblue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:30 PM   #4

Greetings,

Nice looking shot. I have used the V530 often and found it to be quite good. I like mine as well. I ahve seen at least a couple of the Kodak tech team carrying them as a personal model.

I am working on the V570 the next iteration. Nice also but with two lenses.
This one has a nice panoramic feature.

Glad you are liking your camera. And, I like your choice of pubs. I will see if I can get one of from mine.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:40 PM   #5

Hi Ron-

Thanks for answering my post. I am very pleased that someone from Kodak is really listening. Many thanks. Here is another existing light photo done with the V-530. It was taken at the National Air and Space Museum today. It was also hand held with the ISO set to 400 and the flash turned off.

By the way I have already ordered/purchased the V-570 directly from http://www.kodak.com and am really looking forward to recieving the camera. I think it really has a great potential. I conduct digital camera workshops for over 10,000 people every year. I think it is going to provide some great options for digital camera users, and I plan to really integrate the V-570 into my syllabus.

BTW, Ron, on a different forum I found mention of error code B #03 on the V-550 four different times. Nobody seems to what it is or how to fix it.

MT

Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2006, 12:45 AM   #6

If I remember correctly there is a lot of light from the windows there. Oh how I wish I'd had my DX6490 when I was there in the 80's!! Nice shot of the Spirit.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:51 AM   #7

Big Dawg-

Here is another with the Kodak V-530. It is also handheld, ISO 400, no flash. This is a German V-1 Buzz Bomb from WW II.

MT
Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2006, 7:52 AM   #8

BigDawg-

Also the V-530. Everything is the same except I had to add some flash due to the darkness of the display. Thanks for the compliments. Frankly, the Kodak is a pretty amazing camera for around $210.

MT
Attached Images

Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:33 PM   #9

Hi Sarah,

I'm researching once again re ultra compact cameras, wanna change my current Canon IXUS40 (sd300) to:

Kodak V550

Sony N1

Sony T9

Panasonic FX9

I want it stylish, high iso for night shots. I've tried the Sony N1 and the hi iso shots for me are acceptable. I love how N1 can connect focus even at very low light where the T5 can't, but I tried the extreme which I don't think I would frequently be using. My IXUS40 is not good in low light focusing even with the focust assist lamp on. The N1 is nice but a bit bulky, we don't have the T9 yet, will look at these cameras on Feb when I go to Singapore. I'll try to look for the V570 also.

I would be leaning more on the Kodak as I would like my cam to be using SD, I could use the SD of my xdaIIs celphone to take photos with my camera then instantly send it tru my cel to friends.

What are the other cons on the kodak aside from poor battery life?

Anna
Ching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:35 PM   #10

Oh, and I like that the Kodak has optical viewfinder, my hubby likes to use the optical viewfinder in a cam. But having none is not an issue for me as I never use it. And this cam will be mine.
Ching is offline   Reply With Quote