Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:01 PM   #1

Thinking of buying one and wondering about your opinions. I currently have a fuji s3100 and it died and was wonering if this would be a good camera to go to.
thanks phaz
phaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 3:01 PM   #2

I bought one at the end of Dec.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I had a Olympus 2100uz with 10x optical zoom and I/S was happp with it (under 3 mega pix) but it was too bulky. Bought a Kodak dx 7440 with 4x optical, 4mega pixand a very nice optical view finder. Never liked liked electronc view finders but the z7590 view finder is okay. My girl friend bought a dx7590 prior to my Dx 7440. I missed the 10x optical so now I hav 2 Kodaks. The DX 7440 is easy to keep in your pocket or under your coat.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"You will find this forum very supportive and helpful. If you compare it to the other brands that are non-DSLR in the list of forums you will see that this Kodak forum has plenty of posting activity and more important then postings is ther is a good amount of response to the postings (about 10% which is very high for most forums).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So welcome aboard and all that stuff !

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:04 PM   #3

I think I am leaning towards the s5200 or the 7590 hope to hear more replies.
thanks phaz
phaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:25 PM   #4

Phaz, I can't speak to the good or bad points of either camera as I have neither one in my posession. I do have the DX6490 which is close to the Z7590, but without some of the Z's features. I've had nothing but good luck with the 6490 so far and have shot over 7000 photo's with it! Feel free to look up my posts to see how it has worked for me! Which ever you get, practice a lot ask lots and lots of questions and then practice some more. Knowing HOW something is supposed to work and being capable of using it is merely a difference in the practice you have with the camera. Happy shooting and posting!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote