Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:22 AM   #1

I was again at a local park I LOVE. About 15 mnts after arriving my camera went dead on me. Of course, it was the battery - I forgot that the previews' night I was playing at home with some settings and forgot to re-charge it.

So is it ok if I buy another re-chargeable battery and have it charged at all times in my camera bag?. Is that the best option? How long does it stay charged? We don't get extreme temps here (Central Florida) but it does change a lot, would that affect the battery performance?

This is a pic I took a few weeks ago when I was "afraid" to go Manual hence this was taken in Auto Mode.

Attached Images

very crafty 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:05 PM   #2

I have 2 batteries for my 6490, I always have a freshly charged battery in my bag.I just keep changing them over and recharging.Same goes for my CX7530 with rechargables, come to think of it I`ve always got batteries on charge :?

TD

I haven`t noticed anylossof batteryperformance when the freshly charged battery has been in my bag for a couple of days.

PS I like that shot
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:05 PM   #3

Beautiful photo! I keep a spare charged at all times in my bag. I've left it that way for a week or more and can't tell any difference from a fresh charged one. I plan on getting another and keep two charged batteries for my photo safaris. I don't use the auto review so mine doesn't drain that fast. I recently got nearly 400 photos form my battery in my Dx6490 before having to swap.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:08 PM   #4

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I don't use the auto review so mine doesn't drain that fast. I recently got nearly 400 photos form my battery in my Dx6490 before having to swap.

Dawg
Same here Dawg, I rarely use the LCD so as to save battery life even more.

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5

Yeah, I use the review but manually to check how I'm doing about every ten shots or so if I'm taking a lot of photos! And good morning from Thach to you TD!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:27 PM   #6

I do the same...carry an extra in the bag and swap them over and recharge them periodacly,periodacally, oh you know, every once in awhile:?

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:31 PM   #7

Back when I had my DX6490 I purchased 3 spare KLIC-5000 batteries on ebay for $20 shipped. It was about a year after I sold the DX6490 before I bought my P850. When i tried the KLIC-5000s out (after a year in a desk drawer in a sometimes cold basement) they showed a full charge and performed very well. The KLIC-5001 and KLIC-5000 aren't the best on battery life (compared to some other pro-sumer style cameras) but they also don't charge you an arm and a leg for their proprietary batteries and they seem to hold their charge for extreme periods of time!
Stephen Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 2:44 PM   #8

Don't worry very crafty, I think that has happened to all of us. You know what the worst feeling is when you see the battery indicator flashing and you're thinking to yourself I possibly have enough juice in the batteries for one more picture then wa la it dies. My camera uses aa batteries so I carry an extra set in my pocket when ever I'm going for a planned shoot.

mr blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:45 AM   #9

It should be fine.. The biggest thing to remember is with any rechargable battery is after several month of storage they do start losing their charge.

scoob8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:07 PM   #10

Lovely photo Crafty,and thanks for the reminder to charge my extra battery!!

My camera stays on the dock when I'm not using it and I can't remember the last time I charged my spare !!!

Where in Central Fla.are you located? I used to live between Ocala & Daytona several years ago

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote