Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:38 PM   #1

Greetings. I have owned a few basic dig cameras in the last few years. Last year, before my second child was born (I have an 8 month old and a 28 month old.) I purchased a Kodak Dx 7590. It took great pictures outside, but the inside images were always unimpressive. Knowing that Kodak gives full credit to Sam's Club for returned merchandise, I brought back the camera Friday, paid an extra $34, and got a P850. I debated ... and Saturday I ordered the P20 flash online for $111/free 3 day Fedex. I've never really played around with the manual settings on the 7590,... instead usually using the preset options or auto. I'm going on vacation to Tennessee in 4 weeks, and need some general pointers with manual settings and indoor use with the flash (it should be here in a few days.) thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:54 PM   #2

Santa brought me a p20 to use with my p850 and it's been great.

At first I was concerned about having to learn how to use it, but foundit to work wellautomatically with the camera.There is a motor and sensor in it, and the LCD will changeas you line up different shots, or zoom in and out. Not only isthe camerapoint and shoot, buteven the flashis "attach and go".

So far I havenot experienced anyover exposed shots from the flash being to bright (it automatically compensates), compared toother camera/flash's used.

I have even used it in situations that didnt really require an addonflash, in order to "bounce" the light off the ceiling and eliminate shadows.But other than thatI have not put much thought into using it.

One consideration is toget some rechargable batteries for it, as well as a spare set, which can run$10 to $30, plus the cost of the charger.
techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the input. I want to take some great shots in the mountains with my wife andkids, and make unbelievable memories.
LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:32 PM   #4

well keep in mind the flash wontreach the mountians. :O
But you should be able to get some good shots during the day anyway.

enjoy your trip and be sure to post some photos when you get back.

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote