Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1

Here is a shot of my small Louisiana town, half way between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. This photo is taken about 100 yards from the Mississippi River. I'll be taking some pics of the ships on the river when I have more time. Notice the manual sugar cane grinder in the center. There's a hand crank... the bucket catches the syrup.

Here's a little history:

The Town of Lutcher was named after H. J. Lutcher, a lumber baron from Orange, Texas who came to the town in the early 20th century and cleared the Cypress swamp along the Blind River of trees and then went back to Texas.
Lutcher was a booming lumber town back then. Today it is the home of the St. James Historical Society museum and a lot of old building made of cypress. Its namesake ended up in a Cincinnati sanitarium .
Attached Images

LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:44 PM   #2

You see LSU theres nothing to it butjust to do it, Very nice picture. Thank you for introducing us to your town, I haven't seen a hand crank anything anymore, thats a rare thing nowa days. If you were nervous before now its all gone just keep shooting and shooting and you will get more and morecomfortable every time. By the way what camera are your using?

mr blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 5:50 PM   #3

I had a DX7590 for a few months. Brought it back where I work because we get vendor credit from Kodak. Paid an extra $35, got a P850, and ordered the P20 flash for it. I REALLY want to learn how to take great shots, as my family vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. is in 4 weeks. I'll be taking mostly outdoor shots of my kids, mountains, wildlife, and streams. I want people to have the same reaction to MY pics that I have when I see many of the pictures posted here.:G
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:18 PM   #4

Thats a fantastic shot. I wonder what it would look lke in B&W. Shots like these I think do the trick for B& W...It's great in color though!
05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:31 PM   #5

Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:36 PM   #6

Wow LSU, The b&w pic. sure does give it a whole different feel to it. Very nice. Looks like the p850 is doing a good job for you.

mr blue
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:02 PM   #7

WOW !!! LSU,you sure a reaction from me,this is an excellent shot,the b&w is super magizine work

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:21 PM   #8

Really appreciate it.... I like it much better than this one:

Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:20 PM   #9

That last one looks pretty good to Lsu.

mr blue
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:34 PM   #10

When you go to Gatlinburg get out in the park and get your shots. There are thousands to be had there and on the blueridge parkway! We go there nearly every year. The camera you have will do nicely in auto mode for almost all the landscapes you will shoot as well as shots of the family! The shots you've just posted are well composed and thought out. All are very nice ones.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote