Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:52 AM   #11

Thanks Dawg,I have set my tripod up in front of the window and I can use the LSD that way,if I pre-set to focus on the feeder,but with my bird shots in the trees,I have a hard time finding them,I can see them but it's a different story when I try to find them with the screen

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:57 AM   #12

It is harder with the screen. When trying to catch a bird like a nuthatch or woodpecker I've found it easier to use the viewfinder to pick them out. They move too quick to use the tripod so I prefer hand held for that. But hand held is not as steady!!1 Oh well we just have to keep trying! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 3:44 PM   #13

imo it is better to not use the digi at all and crop for a clearer photo, anyway that works best for me. Try this, shoot one at full optical then one into digi, crop the full optical and take a look.
05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:31 PM   #14

Was there over a year ago Silver, but thanks anyway. LOL

Dawg
Old Feb 4, 2006, 6:36 PM   #15

You was where?
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:11 PM   #16

Going through the should I or should I not use the digi-zoom or the cropping tool in photoshop! Jury's still out as I still find that the camera can do some pretty good cropping through the digital zoom. I'm really jealous of folks with a 5X digital zoom. The old DX6490 only has a 3X. I'd like to be more stealthy sneaking up on wild life but at 6'2" and 275 lbs. with size 13 clodhoppers it's not easy! I do well enough I guess but I am a Zoom questor as I don't think I'll ever have enough Zoom. Oh yeah the wife reminded me it's really 278 lbs! LOL
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:26 PM   #17

I was going to say I was at 214, butthat was years ago, (and she may be looking over my shoulder)maybe in my teens LOL....this old shiny bald headed 260# brut standing 6'1 seems to do alright "stalking" (tripping over downed limbs from ice storm 3 years ago)to get a shot. C'mon dawg your missing out...LOL take the trip, err stumble like I do...LOL.....Crunching through the leaves that I said that I would either rake or mulch way last fall....or just digi...LOL..afterall, it's your call right! And we haint wasting no film and all like that.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 7:35 PM   #18

Silver when I can get more than 50 ft'. from a rest room (Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be out and about again). I miss taking my landscapes. The wild life thing is just a time filler till I get out again! LOL It's taken me a whole year to convince the wife to let me put a feeder up and I had to save my lunch money to do it! I've about exhausted the fun in these and have really bad cabin fever right now. Oh well the treatments are better than the alternative!!! Sorry about the bald head..it's your mother's fault not mine!!! LOLOLOLOL I know My parents admitted my ugly mug was their fault!! LOL

Dawg

I just can't seem to find any ducks to shoot!!
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:00 PM   #19

Dawg you got a few really nice ones in this set.

Tracy
dejavudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 9:43 PM   #20

Thanks Tracy. You're too kind! If there is something wrong or something folks would like to comment on I hope they will. I'm still a newbie and learning every day!

Dawg