Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:32 PM   #1

Ihave had a series of PM's from other members of this Kodak Forum indicating that they are really not receiving the constructive criticisms or "fixes"that they had hoped to receive on our forum.

Here is a suggestion: if anyone desires toreceivesome really constructive suggestions orinformation about a way to fix a problem presented with or withinthe photo that they post, pleaseplace the word CRITIQUE: in capital lettersas the first word in the subject line of the posting.

By doing that, we will all understand that the answers to your post and photo marked with the capital letters CRITIQUEas the first word in the subject lineare neither critical nor judgemental. Rather, those reply posts are there to help you improve your photographic skills, and to fix a certain problem that is being presented in the photo postedtoour Kodak Forum.

By doing things this way perhaps there will be no hurt feelings or things misunderstood. And those that seek those real critiques can get what they want as well.

This is just a suggestion to solve an on going problem. Please chime in and let us allknow your feelings/comments, please, won't you?

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:37 PM   #2

This is a great suggestion to me. I'm all for it. I would like to see if one likes a photograph include what or why you like it. The same in reverse. If you don't like it, why? Or next time try this... You certainly won't hurt my feelings.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:54 PM   #3

Sounds like a great suggestion to me. Im here to improve onmy skills (which are few at this time) and get suggestionson how tomake that special shot a better one. All for it.
05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:54 PM   #4

I happen toagree with you Jim-

For those that may desire it, this is a very realistic approach to obtaining realistic constructive criticism or simply fixing some little thing that you are having a problem with in your photos.

Please view this new system as a growth in photography/fix-it opportunity strictly for those who desire it and for those folks only. Not every photo posted will come under this kind of scrutiny. Feelings will be protected.

MT
Old Feb 8, 2006, 9:58 PM   #5

Makes sense. I used to belong to a website design forum that used the very same system. The more experienced photogs are able to accelerate the beginner's learning curve without damaging anyone's fragile self-esteem.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 1:35 PM   #6

Thanks very much for your posts. However, the feelings are VERY divided on this CRITIQUE issue. I have recieved PM's that are very much against the concept and those that are also very much infavor of the CRITIQUE issue. I have also been accused of attempting to take over our forum. That NOT CORRECT at all. That is so far from the real truth, that it is laughable.

I have always liked our forum just as it is: an excellentgathering of Kodak users that is friendly, warm, and encouraging.In short, we have a forum that feels a lot like family. I don't really like being attacked personally, and that is what is happening.

Iencourage all to fully express your feelings about theONLY SUGGESTED CRITIQUE proposal., to make any suggestions that you desire, and to resolve the issue fairly quickly. Please post your feelings/responses/suggestions openly in our forum.

Being a target, folks isNOT fun, at all.

MT
Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:51 PM   #7

Ithink everyone should calm down and back up and reflect on what MT has "Suggested". That's the operable word here isn't it! Suggested> Nothing more and nothing less. When is a suggestion here worthy of Bad mannered E-mail?? I like the Idea and for this reason. Quite often I have suggested (here is that word again) That taking a photo a different way or using a different setting might help or improve the photo in the thread. I've pretty much been told to go jump off a cliff or the person in question has given me the cold shoulder from then on. If MT's suggestion is followed then I myself would be more forthcomming with suggestions and be more willing to share insights that I might have. And all it means is if you don't want constructive critisism then don't put critique on the header. But those that do can! Won't change the way you post at all if you don't want the critque. Just post the same way as always and that's that! If you are one who wants real advice on how to do a shot better, (and remember no one and I do mean no one is the God of photography around here) then put critique in the header and folks will try to help. Not boss you around or flame you or belittle your hard work but instead try to give honest opinions and advice in a nurturing and helpful way! I love this forum and the easysharers forum. They have been a grounding point that has kept my spirits up through my own personal trials and tribulations. I've made and kept a lot of good friends here and hope to make many more. Lets all enter into this Idea and SUGGESTION , for a trial period and if it doesn't catch on then so be it. But above all lets stay friends and try to help each other!

Your Good Friend Da Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:32 PM   #8

Well said Dawg.

I personally feel that with all the experience that MT has there is a real opportunity here for me especially to learn. We can all learn from anyone for that matter. If the truth be know I was the one who sent a private message to MT to see if this idea was a viable option and would she be willing to help. As Dawg said this was brought to the forum as a suggestion. Any member that offers an honest critique should never be flamed in any way. Be it by private message or in a post. Why would one do that to anyone that is trying to help you? I also don't see anyone trying to take overthis forum either. If someone gives you their opinion and you don't like it, so what! It's only their opinion. It seems that someone needs to grow up. Lets all get back to the basics and have fun here.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:43 PM   #9

I think its a great idea

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:21 PM   #10

A-A-Amen Brother Jim!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote