Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:45 AM   #11

Boily

Thats excellent!!! , of course, you spent more than my 10 seconds, perhaps a minute or so..

just kidding, but very good work.

thegreygeek
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:55 PM   #12

That scan looks great!

The Epson flat bed you are using, does it have holder for mounted/strip film? How long does a scan of a slidetake!

My girl friend has a brother with import office that was renovated and she too 4 five draw letter size file cabinets. I have about 2 draws of slides there that can all fit on cs's which could fit in a shoe box with space to spare.

The Dimage IV sounds good but when I read the owner revues at Amazon so many gice a 1 or 2 star rating while others think it is the greatest. All too often you must review the reviewers. I will look if it is at Newegg, they have good reviews there.

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:55 PM   #13

Nice job Boily. If you ever decide to move to the American southwest, I have a job for ya!
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 2:33 PM   #14

The Epson takes about 14 minutes to scan 4 slides at 4800dpi, yes it has a filmstrip/slide holder. It is slow, the Minolta does it in about 6 minutes.Again, for the price the Epsonis great.I have not heard anything badin regards to the Dimage IV by the way. I try to keep both scanners busy one on each computer, so I will finish this project beforeI pass away??

As of Boily, It probably would be cheaper to train the picture takers? just kidding..

Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote