Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:17 PM   #1

Well i got some close-up filters on ebay for 2.99 Canadian,,,only cost 3.50 Canadian to ship too,,what a steal,,and these where sold by Black`s Camera,,a store here in Canada,,,these were made by a really good manfacturer,you can tell by the way they are made they weren`t cheapies,,,this store used to sell cheap stuff and their own brand name that was really decent quality,,i`m very pleased with them..they are coated too...

Here`s a pic of the three...

Brian
Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:18 PM   #2

And here`s a shot with my DX6490 as close as i could get to an item in manual mode with close-up mode...
Attached Images

Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:20 PM   #3

And here`s one with all three stacked from the exact same distance as the first shot,same settings on the camera too,,i`d say they don`t degrade the picture in anyway...and definately work..

Brian
Attached Images

Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:34 PM   #4

Quite a bargain, Brian, looks like they work well

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:04 PM   #5

Good for you, Brian!

Your research paid off quite well. Congratulations!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:39 PM   #6

Good stuff Brian, Congrats.

mr blue
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:21 PM   #7

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
Well i got some close-up filters on ebay for 2.99 Canadian,,,only cost 3.50 Canadian to ship too,,what a steal,,and these where sold by Black`s Camera,,a store here in Canada,,,these were made by a really good manfacturer,you can tell by the way they are made they weren`t cheapies,,,this store used to sell cheap stuff and their own brand name that was really decent quality,,i`m very pleased with them..they are coated too...

Brian
It's great to see you back. I missed that hummingbird avatar. What a great deal! You'll have a lot of fun with those.

This last summer I spent an afternoon measuring focal distances for my Hoya close-up filters (also in conjunction with my Tcon-17) The results are here: Focal length testI have this table printed up on a card that I keep with my lenses.
By the way, very shortly after I spent my hours doing the work, I found this link:
http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/diopter.htmlIt was nice to find a more complete list than my own (and tons of other information) but I really enjoyed the learning process, so it definitely was not a waste of time.

Generally, I set my 6490 to landscape mode (not macro) and zoom as necessary. You might get some vignetting at the extreme wide end, but you should be in good shape as you zoom in. (use a tripod... trust me. :roll

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:48 PM   #8

Way to go on the lenses Brian. Can;t wait to see more shots taken with them! Like Tom I missed the hummer!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:41 AM   #9

Great shots Brian,and a great bargain,on the lenses.Can't wait to see what you come with now

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:53 PM   #10

Thanks guys,,,but i`m probably going to spend some time at the Canon forun here,,i got a S2 IS...Works really nice too...but i will be using both..being mostly into wildlife though the S2 with it`s high speed mode is better,,the DX is a little slow,,,but equally as sharp,,,hard to beat the 6490 though,,it`s a great camera...i tried some high speed burst shots with the Canon,,you can fill a 1 gig card without slowing down a bit..here`s one shot out of a 35 pic burst with the Canon...if anyone get`s Kodaky on me i`ll refraim from posting the Canon pics here..to me a camera is a camera,,,just some are better suited to certain things...i expect that the close-up lenses will get tons of use this spring with crocuses spring up all over the lawn and i also have some 100plus tulips too,,lol

Thanks for thinking of me,,,it`s really appreciated to be welcome someplace...

Again,,,this is from the Canon,,i`ll post a kodak shot here too that my wife took,,,she now has her own camera when we`re out,,,which is nice as she`s getting very decent at this game...

Brian
Attached Images