Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:49 PM   #1

Today I was going to take some pics for ebay.I use the self timer normally and a tripod.I just noticed there is no button for it anymore..so out comes the manual...From what I understand I have to go into menu everytime ..select time length..and then shoot as usual.Please tell me this isn't true!Is there no other quicker way?..or am I just too caffine low to understand.I sure hope there is..with the 6490 it was just pressing a button and taking the shot.This is a real pain if you have to go into menu everytime you take a pic..:evil:
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:04 PM   #2

Lisa,I hope someone else can give a better answer,but I don't see any way for the timer to stay on,it seems like after you take the picture it will automacticly go back off,and I didn't see any where to set the time !!!

Yes,I can see where that will be a pain,never tried it till you posted

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:12 PM   #3

Thanks Sandy!..you can see the time as soon as you hit the menu button..it's the first option.If you press and toggle you can set it to 2 or 10 secs.On the 6490 it was on the top switch for burst..press it and it was on..here its open themenu..select the time..exit the menu and then take the shot..too many processes for me.Gonna be a real pain when shooting the moon..I like this camera so far but this is a turnoff as I use the timer alot..may have to check out that new one on the market..see what its timer is like..I can still return this one.I wish they would have left good enough alone.:roll:
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:34 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that lisa. I didn't know it was that way. I think the designers at Kodak think you only use it for family portraits instead of using it for steady shots on the tripod. They could have solved this with a shutter release socket for a cable shutter release.One more good reason to keep the 6490 for a while!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:37 PM   #5

Yep its a pain Lisa...and it defaults to off after every use, the dx7590 only offers a 10 second timer

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:15 PM   #6

What a bummer..but I am getting over it..lol.I guess I can get used to it.I contemplated returning the camera but then it's such a small issue I think I can live with it..just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something here.Dan..I think you also have the option of 2 seconds on the timer too..but you are right, too thatit defaults to off after.
lisa
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:18 AM   #7

I guess, the only way is DIY a Cable Release by yourself.:sad:
jason_jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:01 AM   #8

Lisa go here and follow the thread all the way thru! I made several of these and they seemed to work well. Just requires someone with some time and shop tools.At the bottom of the first page is what I made and on the last pages are some more photos of it!

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

Dawg
Old Feb 22, 2006, 5:09 PM   #9

Thanks Dawg!..Impressive!!....Thats a great setup..I may have to inspire (a sixpack) a co-worker to make one..thanks for all the great pics.You should be patenting that.:-)
lisa
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:41 AM   #10

Check out Dan's post for a simpler version that won't take as much effort to make. Looks quite nice to me!

Dawg