Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:44 PM   #1

Hello.

I have finally decided on my first digital camera, a Kodak Easyshare V550. Right when I decide to purchase it from Wal-Mart online for $260, they raised the price to $330. So now I've been searching all over for a good price from a decent place. I've seen them for as low as $220, but I'm not falling for that from a no-name place.

Does anyone know where I can order one for a good price from a place that can be trusted?

Also, what do you think of a refurbished camera with a factory seal and factory warranty? What do they even mean "refurbished"?

Thank you!!!!!!
rainums is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:44 PM   #2

Dell is selling the v550 for $279...http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...p;k=kodak+v550

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:54 PM   #3

I saw that at Dell but I also saw on several sites that people have had problems ordering from Dell over 50% of the time. Supposedly, Dell will say it is in stock when it's not and people wouldn't receive their product for months. I would hate that!
Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:05 PM   #4

I can only speak from my own experience with Dell...I bought my dx7590 there, and twice bought memory cards from them. No problems at all. They shipped me my dx7590 before Kodak even said it was available

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:59 PM   #5

So I called Dell and they don't have any in stock, said it could be sent out March 15th. I might wait as a last resort.

By the way, I'm looking for a black one!

Old Feb 25, 2006, 4:26 PM   #6

I saw the V550 on ebaywith a winning bidunder $200.
Check Kodak's auctions.

I just got a decent buy on the v530. I almost got thev550, but I am anxiously awaitingthe release of the Panasonic (sorry kodak users)in march. Should transformthe V550 into a nice paper weight.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 5:41 PM   #7

I saw a lot on Ebay for great prices, but most of them are refurbished, even though they say there's still a factory seal & warranty, I don't know if that can be trusted.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:58 AM   #8

the one i bought was a refurb.

They are either returns or demos, in new condition.
Kodak says it even tests each one to make sure it meets factory standards.

regardless the warranty is the same as a new one (1 year)
and they even have a 30 dayreturn guarantee, which is unusual for an ebay sale.

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:48 AM   #9

The wave of newer cameras without optical viewfinders, is distressing. I still like to really see what is indeed in the photo, rather than just pointing the camera in a general direction and taking a photo as I must do so many times with my Fuji F-10.

I understand. It is all a matter of personal preference. And it is for that reason that I would opt for the V-550 instead of the V-530, if I was offered the chance. I just like an optical viewfinder.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:43 PM   #10

Any seller with over a thousand reviews and a high rating is going to be trustworthy. And any trusted store is especially reliable. It is hard to beat these prices on a new camera: http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Kodak_..._V550~S-P~OR-0

Friends bought the V550 and really like it. The LCD is much nicer than the one on my Z750 and the Easyshare software makes downloading a snap. I set their system so they just hit the download button on the dock and it makes a folder named with the current date and downloads the pictures into it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote