Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:59 PM   #11

Well sorry for the delay. I was at Walmart last night, and I had my CW330 and PD3 with me. I checked if my PD3's Cartridge would fit the Sony Dye-Sub Photo Printer. The cartridge fit in but would not fit all the way in because the cartridge seating pin is in a different position the the PD3. But if I bought the Sony Dye-Sub Cartridge all I would have to do is drill a small hole in the Sony Cartridge to seat it in the PD3. I imagine it is the same on all the other manufacturers Dye-Sub Cartridges. What are your opinions on this?

Thanks,
Ken Finch
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:05 PM   #12

If the fix is that easy to accomplish, why not. The cartridges are overpriced there is no doubt about that.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:18 PM   #13

I believe that with slight modifications any Dye-Sub Cartridge will fit in any standard size 6"X4" Dye-Sub Printer. What I mean by standard size is the 6"X4" Dye-Sub Printers that are about the same size as the PD3. The Canon Selphys are much smaller and their Dye-Sub cartridges are designed much smaller. But that means their print capacity would be much smaller as well. But the HP, Sony, Samsung and the larger Canons should be compatable with slight modifications.

Thanks,
Ken Finch
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote