Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:36 AM   #1

Hi all,

I was torn about posting this question between the software area and the more specific site here. I decided...

Anyway,
I have been using the easyshare software for quite a while now to transfer my pics to the computer and also to use my printer dock plus. It has been always been clunky but I thought I needed it to use some of the things I have. My printer dock for instance. Is this controlable from Windows XP? Could I print pictures with it and also transfer pics without the easyshare software? Also, I use my dock to recharge the camera battery.

I have an account on Kodaks website - do they require easyshare to upload pics?

I don't use Easyshare to arrange any of my photo albums, I found that too frustrating. I like to use Picassa or Microsoft Digital Imaging.

I know most people dislike Easyshare and I wouldn't mind ditching it entirely if I could do these things without it.

Terry

TerryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:58 AM   #2

Hi Terry: Push the transfer button on the camera and open Windows Explorer. Check to see whether it created an extra drive letter labeled removable drive or camera. If it did you don't need easyshare.

Just click on the drive and sub-folders until the individual images come up. Edit > Select All, then Edit > Copy. You can paste them in any folder you choose.

With the extra drive showing you could also probably download directly from Picasa. With Irfanview you can make the thumbnails larger so you can make better decisions, create folders and bulk send groups of images to specific folders. Or just send the entire card worth of images to a single folder you can create right in the thumbnail navigation pane. I would suppose Picasa is similar.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:45 AM   #3

I thought I'd answer my own question as I found out a bit since then..

First, I uninstalled Easyshare entirely. Then I ran the program install, just choosing the Camera Connection and Printer Dock parts.

When I choose to print a picture, I just select Printer Dock from my printer list. The camera still charges from the dock. I haven't tried transferring pictures while on the dock yet. Using a usb cable, the camera is now recognised as a new hd and I copy the pictures from there. Transfer speed doesn't seem to have improved much however.
I don't know yet whether the kodak site requires easyshare to upload pics. Got to check that yet.

Terry
TerryV6 is offline   Reply With Quote