Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 8, 2006, 5:36 PM   #1

Just want to share this, A few weeks ago Amazon.com sent me an email saying someone tried to make a purchase with my credit card number. They denied it cause name didnt match up and suggested I check my account for fraudulent use. So I kept on eye on it daily. Sure enough a week later charges started showin up. Thanks to amazon I noticed it quickly and got everything resolved....I don't usually check my accts that close maybe once a month when I pay bills and that would have gotten messy by then. So my hats off to amazon for watching out for me!!!
Just wanted to alert my friends here to check your bank cards,credit cards, etc.
I'm not connected with amazon in any way( and don't even do mcuh business with them) but I thought they deserved a round of applause for this

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2006, 6:47 PM   #2

Wasn't that a nice "heads up" from Amazon.com! I, for one, appreciate it when companies are superior in customer service, rather than just out there grabbing orders.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:57 PM   #3

When I used my Discover card regularly they would often call me saying a purchase was made that did not match my profile. It was always no problem, just my charges travel or hotel charges in advance for a vacation. One day they called and asked if I just purchased some furniture in Ithica, NY. I told them I amm not not now or ever been to Ithica and my credit card is in my possession.

It turned out that a furniture store accepted and delivered a order for a some furniture from a person that dictated their card number and was off one digit.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:16 PM   #4

Bill, hard to believe a company would ship something without checking it out but apparently its happenning. At least it was an honest mistake on the customers part. Unfortunately, I think we'll see much more of this type fraud, the bad guys will always look for ways around the system:ak47:

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 7:29 PM   #5

most online retailers should have a responsibility to protect cardholders. Amazon is no different. There should alsobe policiesby the banks to do the same.

I remember about 6 months ago Amazon listed a great buy on a D-SLRand I ended up buying it there. The item came froma 3rd party seller, which is common on Amazon these days. About an hour later I got an (automated) email from Amazonsaying the item was not available and therefore my card was never charged.What a dissapointment in Amazon for even listing something that could not even be delivered. Havent shopped there since.

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:39 PM   #6

I like Amazon but I avoid 3rd party sources via Amazon. I don't want a problem with a unknown (to me) party and risk having Amazon just saying they regret the situation but it must be resolved between me and the 3rd party.

I have been using Overstock.com and they often beat Amazon prices and ship for very little.

I also like Best Buy when they have a sale. I order on line and pick it up at their Brooklyn store if I can get a friend to drive me there.

I like to use a credit card from Citi Bank that gives me a point for every dollar I spend and double points when used in supermarkets, drug stores and to buy gas.I never pay with cash and pay my credit card promptly in full automaticly from my checking account (money is so dirty and you never know who touched it, lol)5000 points is good for a $50. certificate at Best Buy and I have given my girl friend 2 $50.00 gift cards for Shell gasoline rather than get a $50.00 card for a store.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote