Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:21 AM   #1

Hey all, been reading through these forums and since you all seem to know what you're talking about I thought I'd ask a question x)

I just purchased a Kodak V550 (my first digi cam) for a trip for BPA down to Orlando, FL. I'd really like to get a case to keep it protected while wandering around, but I hate having to carry a bag. Any compact camera cases with a belt clip that won't make me feel like I have a growth on my hip? I bought the V550 mainly because it was a small camera with good reviews (the small buttons don't bother me at all, as I have dainty hands xp) and though I could put it in my pocket I'd much rather keep it in something where it'd be less likely to get abused.

Or, if there aren't many options in that line of thought, I would settle for something with a long strap on it. I'm really just looking to see what my options are all around x)

Thanks in advance!
Insomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:14 PM   #2

good question!

I could use one as well.

I think Kodak sells a custom fit leather one for around $30 which is more than I'dprefer to dish out for one.

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:29 PM   #3

I agree with that. $30 is a little much.

I found one on Ebay that looks pretty nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/SuperSlim-Genuin...QQcmdZViewItem

$10 less then the one from Kodak, but still a little more then I want to pay. Might have to break down and go with it though as there doesn't seem to be many other options.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:45 PM   #4

heres one for $10 plus $5 shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/Superslim-Leathe...QQcmdZViewItem

how do you like your v550 anyway? it is working out well for ya?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:37 AM   #5

Actually, I won't be recieving my V550 until Monday. Just won it on Ebay last night. I've tinkered with both the V530 and V550 in stores, though, and found I really liked the style of the Vseries. The the lack of a view finder is what ultimately made me go with the the V550 over the V530. I'll be getting it right at the beginning of Spring Break so I'll be sure to let you know if it works for me or not at the end of the week x)

I saw that case as well, and it is a tempting deal but I dislike how it doesn't show the camera fitting in the case. The dimensions are the same, but I'd feel more at ease with a picture that proves its a good fit for the V550. It also looks like the more expensive one has a bigger velcro patch, which (I'm assuming) would better ensure the camera stay snug in the case. The more expensive one also has a seller with a 100% feedback rating and over 7,000 feedback. I think even for being a little more pricey it'd be the better deal in the long run. It's one of those instances where you wish you could hold and compare the two >.<

Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:46 AM   #6

good observations, I should have you shop for me :-)

spring break sounds like achance to get some great shots.

hopefully you are going somewhere nice

make sure to post some pics when you get back

welcome to the board

:|
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:50 AM   #7

Thank you x) I try and get the most for my money. Cheap products are nice, as long as they aren't cheaply made. Besides, it's only, what? A $5 difference? I can get that if I return my pop cans to the recycling center :lol:

Not really going anywhere special, but I live along the Mississipi river so I'm going to try and get some nice shots of it.

Thanks for the welcome x) It's always nice to meet friendly people when you join new forums!

Old Mar 10, 2006, 1:31 PM   #8

Insomni-

Welcome to the Kodak Forum! You will find that we are a friendly group.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote