Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:45 AM   #1

I never drop or bump my dx7440. I posted some time back that pictures taken with with Kodak tele extender look awful. Was in contact with Kodak rep (nice guy) who said to do a series of tests with/without extender using a tripod. Shot some with withouts at Marine Park Salt Marsh Nature Center and sent them to kodak rep and he said withs and withouts were off on focus.

Been ultra tied up with mother in nursing home now in hospital, her tax matters and locating records to get her medicaid ready. Girl friend was in hospital but now home but not able to help me with all this stuff.The stress and depression has made me have to take pills (effixar 37.5 mg) but had bad reaction ( cramps and a little internal bleeding). My doctor perscribed the pill and said to see a psychologist, psychologist said to see a "shrink" for proper drugs for stress/depression.

Too bad my health insurance does not cover my camera. Kodak flat charge a bit over $100.00 but they will offer to sell me a refurb in place of repair charge.

The game goes on, and on and on!

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:35 AM   #2

Bill-

I have seen DX-7440's for sale recently. In as much as you really like the camera, you might look for a used one.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:52 PM   #3

Sorry to hear of your problems Bill. Hope you, your Mother, your girlfriend and the camera all get better soon!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:05 PM   #4

wow, my heart goes out to you

it doessound like the camera may be the least of your woes

be careful of those meds, they can do some damage

I may be looking to sell my DX7440. It works great, I just got to many cams right now - so pm me if youre interested

hope things get better soon bill!!

God bless

techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 6:35 PM   #5

Went visit my mother at the hospital this morning after weight watchers meeting.

She passed away from cordiac arrest. My brother and I arranged funneral for Monday. I pre-paid her funneral to spend down for her eligibility for medicaid. Had to get out of the house and be alone after calling the few friends and relatives she had. When anyone starts showing sympathy I fall apart so I have be on a bench in the Salt Marsh Nature Center till the clouds of bugs sent me home.

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:25 PM   #6

Bill, I'mvery sorry to hear about your mother. Remember to take care of yourself , get some rest

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:31 PM   #7

I too feel sad at the lose of your Mom Bill. Please take care of your health and God be with you.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:37 PM   #8

Bill..I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. I know its a hard time but please don't forget to take care of yourself.
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:43 PM   #9

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother Bill. Take care of yourself and if you need something give me a message Buddy!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote