Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:19 PM   #21

I would almost be willing to bet that the other shots in this post were much closer than #5 was, they turned out perfect once again putting the Tcon to it's intended purpose of making a closeup closer. Very good!
05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:22 PM   #22

Partly right again Silver. The TCON is not just to make closeups closer but to make far shots closer. Just watch where the light is when you shoot but that goes for any Zoom lens as purple fringeing and chromatic abberation wil creep in if the light hits wrong on most any shot.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:30 PM   #23

Dawg, can you give us an example of far shots closer losing the chromatic aberration as you call it. I feel I have found a comfort zone with the Tcon and that being no further than approximately 24 feet. If I can reach out further with it and have the same quality as the closer shots closer I would love to be able to do that.
05_Silver_Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:40 PM   #24

Another beautiful set of shots,Boily!..You are making me want to get out with the tcon and practice to get a steady hand..now if only the snow would go and some birdies would return..:-)
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:28 PM   #25

You can Silver if you are careful with the direction and the level of sunlight you are shooting in. A low light overcast day helps though even then and no matter what lens you are using a digi-cam can turn a reflection of a feather into a chromatic aberration! The lighter the color the more likely to get the purple fringe. The darker the color the more likely to get a white outline. Yes the teleconverters enhance the effect but to get out there right now with the tecnology we are using they work amazingly well on a large variety of shots. To get most of my bird shots....And the are no match for most of the folks posting here...I have to shoot thumb sized birds from a long distance. Sometimes way over 24 feet. Do they all come out with no outlinning lines?? No-- more than half, have them and some can be cleaned up in photoshop with chromatic abberration filters! The others for me are not objectionable and if properly focused will stay in my files and may get printed! As I said this will happen with almost every lens to a varying degree! The base lens you are using will do it if the light conditions are met. A good quality lens deals with it and a poor one doesn't. Wait until you try some off brand ones. They will have you screaming for your money back. Again no lens is perfect. If it was it would be on my camera. Right now until someone can prove another one is outright superior to the TCON-17 I'll stay with it and take those aberrated shots. Point them out when you see them if you must but let me have them for that is the fun in my life right now!! LOL This is just my opinion and how I see it. That's what this forum has always been about. We can differ but not get mad. I respect your opinion Silver as you are intitled to it as I am to mine. You have always been a gentileman and continue to be one. I am still some one who calls himself your friend and I hope you do also!

Dawg
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:32 PM   #26

And a PS here... The Kodak sensors are very good at not having chromatic problems. If you used the Tcon on some competitors cameras they will not give you near the clean photo a Kodak does!

Dawg
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:49 PM   #27

Some great duck shots, but #6 might be a little more than I wanted to see duck-wise. :shock::-)
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:52 PM   #28

I think that one was a comment about me!! LOL

Dawg
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:09 AM   #29

LOL,Rambler..#6 quacked me up.:-)
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 2:47 AM   #30

i thought I clicked on the wrong thread

this is the Kodak thread right?

non-dslr right?